Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
London Calling Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
London Calling Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
London Calling Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
London Calling Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
London Calling Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
London Calling Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
London Calling Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
London Calling Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
London Calling Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
London Calling Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

London Calling

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mira Catrain
Hufflepuff: Year 3
Mira Catrain

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/3/2014, 13:28

Mira and Toren wandered around the bustling town square, “window shopping” and waiting for Elsa to arrive. It was a particularly busy day, easier to get lost in the crowd. Several merchants had come in from Warwick and Coventry and set up shop wherever there was space.

So where’re we goin’ again?” Toren asked for the fifth time.

Toren, it’s London,” Mira groaned. “The home of the royal family! The largest city on earth!

Well, how’s I s’posed to know?” he rolled his eyes and stuck out his tongue.

Mira stuck her tongue out as well and crossed her eyes. “Yer face’ll get stuck that way, lass,” a large lady shouted, walking by and poking her in the arm. I miss the country, she thought with a sigh. Someone else poked her and she turned to shout at them, but then she saw who it was.

Elsa!” she exclaimed, hugging her friend tight as they squealed and jumped up and down.

I’ve missed you!” the Hufflepuff yelled, grinning. “Oh, this is my sister Ella.

Pleased to meet you,” Ella, a slightly taller version of Elsa, smiled and shook her hand.

Your name’s are Elsa and Ella?” Toren questioned, standing behind Mira. “Don’t that get confusin’?

Toren, don’t be rude,” Mira reprimanded.

It’s okay Mira,” Elsa laughed, turning to the little boy. “It does get confusing. You should meet our little sister Elma!

The sisters laughed, but neither Mira nor Toren could tell if they were joking. Another familiar face showed up then – Jon!

Hello, Elsa, Ella,” he greeted, shaking their hands. “We ready to go?

Yeah, let’s go back to that alleyway,” Ella suggested, leading the way.

A moment later, in a dark abandoned alley, they all held hands and Disapparated to Berkely to pick up Kolby.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Slytherin: Year 3
Kolby Parry

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/4/2014, 01:34

"It's only a short trip mom. There's adult supervision and everything," Kolby insisted for umpteenth time, packing a small bag.

"But, Kolby, it's London. Huge London. I don't want you getting lost and never coming home," she said. Kolby rolled his eyes. Always the worrier.

"Oh, Mary, you treat him like a baby. Go, my son. Go have fun with your friends in London," his father instructed. Kolby smiled and started walked towards the front door as his parents argued.

"Can I come too?" Thea asked. Kolby ruffled her hair, smiling. Thea held a special place in his heart, being his little sister, only 7 years old. Gloriana was even younger, a mere 4 years old. She watched in silence, but Kolby smiled at her none the less. Gloriana never talked and the Parry's couldn't figure out why. But, they didn't push her. She started crying if they did.

"No. You got to stay here with mom and dad and run house for me while I'm gone," Kolby said. Thea shot him a look like "Really?" and he laughed.

"At least let Ulric go with you!" his mother yelled from the opposite room. Kolby hugged Thea and Gloriana quickly and dashed out of the house.

"Kolby!" his mother yelled from the front door.

"Love you! Family comes first!" he yelled back, using his family motto. He ran up the hill he planned to meet the gang and slowed down when he saw them there.

"Having some trouble, mate?" Jon asked. Kolby shook his head and fixed his hair.

"No. I'm fine. Let's go," he said happily, as they Disapparated to Tari's town.
Back to top Go down
Christiare Le Clerc
Gryffindor: Year 2
Christiare Le Clerc

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/10/2014, 20:59

Christiare, or Tari as she was now more popularly known rechecked her satchel for the umpteenth time as she walked down the road to the village on the Vici land. Her new life with Professor Vici, who insisted she call him Drust or Father, even in public, was like a dream, though not without it's faults. She'd get up in the morning, have breakfast, then get started on the chores which she had. Even though Drust himself didn't flaunt his title or riches, he made sure Tari had every privilege the daughter of a Lord would, which included, an outing with friends.
Thus, whilst the young Professor was enable to walk her into town himself, their maid, and one of Tari's constant companions, Tabitha, walked with her.
"Do you have your wand?" Tabitha asked once again, causing Tari to smile and roll her eyes.
"Never leave home without it. It isn't like I'll be gone ages." Tari nodded, heading towards the well she had specified for them to meet at.
"Ah 'No mistress, tis buh'cha fatha that be concerned. Tabitha adjusted Tari's cloak to fit more snugly about her in the damp of the town.
Then, she stepped back and looked about as the familiar popping sound of apparition clicked through the commotion of the trade village.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/11/2014, 19:49

Mira looked around happily when they Apparated to Tari’s village. It reminded her quite a lot of her own town in Northampton.

There she is,” Elsa pointed, leading them over to greet the Gryffindor.

It’s wonderful to see you,” Mira smiled, hugging the girl.

Hopefully, this wouldn’t make her uncomfortable. Tari was rather new to their little group, Mira hardly knew her. But Mirabella Catrain hugged everyone (mostly); she’d even been known to hug the butcher. That wasn’t so weird now that she was friends with Jon, however.

Alright, now that we’re all accounted for,” Ella said, assuming leadership as the eldest. “Here’s the plan –

We’re meeting Edwin on the south bank of the Thames and he’ll take it from there,” Jon finished quickly, getting a light smack on the head from Ella.

Everyone ready, then?” Elsa asked, holding out her hand.

Within seconds, they Disapparated, landing with a plunk and a splash in the shallow part of the river Thames. Grimacing, they waded back to shore. Mira helped Toren along, glad to see he was taking the whole magic thing pretty well. She took a moment to look around; she could just make out the roofs of shops and townhouses over the wall, estimating a million in total. And the smell hit her like a slap in the face; London was rank. That was really saying something, as most cities had a sewage-like smell to them.

Nice going, Ella,” Elsa rolled her eyes.

I’m just glad ya didn’t land us any deeper than that,” Jon grumbled, shaking maniacally to try and dry off.

Ugh, I didn’t have to do this for you at all, you know,” Ella jeered, pulling out her wand. “Aer Inflammatus.

She used the hot-air charm on all seven of them, successfully drying their clothes.

You’re late,” a familiar voice said from behind them. They turned to see Edwin, leaning against the wall with a smirk. “You certainly know how to make an entrance.

((OOC: From this point on there is no posting order.))
Back to top Go down
Christiare Le Clerc
Christiare Le Clerc

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/13/2014, 17:29

"Thank you Ella."

Tari Nodded, looking anxiously around at the city. It was like someone applied the multiplication charm onto her old village, a hundred times over. People going everywhere and she nearly got wiplash trying to keep her head following each one. All more interesting than the last. The smell was simply hanous, but one could forget the smell when there was so much to see, and all the noise!
A Tad overwhelmed, Tari was wordless. From being alone, with new friends, in a city, to simply, well, this was a great deal of new things for her. New friends, new life, new places, new... new.. new. Now all these new things to see!

"So, what's the plan!?" She bubbled excitedly, stumbling over her own feet and tripping.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/14/2014, 00:51

((OOC: I strongly highly seriously suggest you check out The Time Traveler’s Guide to Medieval England, it’s incredible. And there’s an entire section called Ten Places to See in London!))

The group gathered around Edwin, eager for information. Mira could hardly contain her excitement, she wanted to see everything.

Well, I figured we’d spend the day at Smithfield,” their tour guide began. “It’s where the market is, and there’s a small jousting match later this afternoon.

Brilliant,” Jon grinned, rubbing his hands together. “I’ve always wanted to go to a tourney.

What sort of market?” Elsa asked, bouncing on her toes.

It’s the main meat market in the city,” Ed said, shrugging at her look of disappointment. “But there are other little shops around there as well. It’s sort of like a big meeting place.

Toren tugged on Mira’s sleeve, so she bent down so he could whisper in her ear.

What’s joustin’?” he asked quietly.

It’s like, erm, riding at each other with long sticks,” she whispered back.

After that’s all done, we’ll head to the Strand,” Edwin continued. “That’s where I live. Dad’s out of town, so there’s plenty of room.

Can we go to the Southwark Stews?” Jon suggested mischievously. “Or have a look at Tyburn?

Elsa and Ella immediately turned the request down, in unison. Even out-of-towners knew the Stews was notorious for ‘female company’. And Tyburn was the official execution location for thieves of all kinds. Gallows stood permanently at the junction of Tyburn Road and Watling Street. Mira honestly wouldn’t mind seeing that; there were bound to be loads of interesting ghosts roaming around amongst the oblivious muggles.

Last edited by Mira Catrain on 11/18/2014, 00:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Christiare Le Clerc
Christiare Le Clerc

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/15/2014, 13:02

Among the others mentionings of places they would like to visit, it crossed Tari's mind that the Davison's tailor shop was located in London. She hadn't heard from Hugh all summer so far, and it made her curious as to if she could go visit him. She decided to suggest a shopping expedition for the girls whenever the chance came up. Though, being raised in a small hamlet, she had to ask-

"What are those places?" Tari asked in reference to the Southwark Stews and Tyburn.

Sitting up on the bank, as when she tripped she sprawled onto the sand, she began to brush the sand out of her hair. She made a disgusted face as she was answered and bit her lip. Clumsily she stood in such a fashion that made one wonder how she managed to hold a broom, much less fly one as well as she did.

"I guess we should get a move on then? Also I don't believe I've properly introduced myself to half of you. I'm Tari." She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/17/2014, 21:53

Kolby sat back and let everyone else talk about plans. He was really fine with anything. But, his interest was peaked at the thought of going to Tyburn.

"Thieves get executed in Tyburn," Kolby answered for Tari, leaning against the bridges wall.  

"Which is exactly why we shouldn't go there," Elsa countered.

"Oh, come on, Elsa. There might be some ghosts there," Kolby dared. Elsa rolled her eyes, but he had definitely grabbed Edwin's and Jon's attention.

"Talking to a ghost would be interesting," Jon said.

"Oh come one. You can't see ghosts outside of Hogwarts, right Ella?" Elsa said. Ella kept quiet. Elsa seemed a bit confused.

"I supposed we could visit Tyburn for a moment. It's on the way to Smithfield anyways," Edwin compromised. Elsa groaned and Kolby smiled.

"Let's go talk to thieves," he said happily, letting Edwin lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/18/2014, 00:51

Mira hid her excitement as everyone agreed on a trip to Tyburn, noticing that Elsa and Ella seemed to have a permanent grimace on their faces.

Wait!” she exclaimed, and everyone stopped in their tracks. “I forgot to introduce you all to Toren.

Ah, the little brother,” Ed smiled, shaking his hand.

Toren blushed in embarrassment; urchins tended to spend their lives trying to be invisible. He’d never had a whole group of people stop and stare at him. Mira laughed at the look on his face and waved everyone on.

To the gallows!” she instructed, putting on her best impression of a military captain.

The group marched onward, along the wall and away from the Thames. Mira glanced all around her the whole way, taking in all the sights. It was even more crowded than Northampton on a festival day. Eventually, after what felt like hours of walking, they came to Tyburn. This part of the city seemed a lot gloomier than the rest, and Mira could swear it was colder.

There they are,” Edwin said solemnly, pointing.

The gallows made a rather chilling and powerful sight. Mira stared up at the trees and imagined the hundreds of prisoners who’d perished here. She’d never understood why hangings were such a popular spectacle for people.
Back to top Go down
Christiare Le Clerc
Christiare Le Clerc

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/19/2014, 22:47

Tari had eyed Toren curiously whenever he entered her line of sight. Having no younger siblings herself, she often pondered what it'd be like to have one. Someone smaller than herself to keep Vici company. As they neared the gallows however, her eyes grew wide from another account.
The Gallows.
Like ginormous wooden arms streaching out over wooden platforms similar to the one she had been burned upon. These were more perminant, but terrifying all the same. It was this that instilled in her a silence that was only shattered when she noticed one of the dozens of ghosts, an elderly, friendly looking fellow, floating towards them.

"G'good af..afternoon.." Were the only two words she could utter through her terrified lips. She'd just gotten used to magic, now ghosts too?
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/20/2014, 21:11

Kolby watched all the ghost floating around. No Muggles were around to see them. This is so cool, he thought happily. He looked up at the gallows. The rope was stained with blood and a list of names were posted on the post. A young ghost of girl walked through him and he suddenly felt a tightness in throat, like he was hanging up there. He shivered. Heebie jeebies, he thought.

"Ello," a friendly old man ghost said.

"Hi. Who are you?" Kolby asked, looking at the list of names.

"I'm Quinn Botin," the man ghost said. Edwin looked at the list too, while Jon was talking with another ghost. Ella and Elsa were keeping watch, to make sure no Muggles would see them and think they're crazy.

"You were tried for murder," Edwin stated.

"Falsely tried for murder!" Quinn yelled. Edwin threw his hands up in his defense.

"Is that why you're here? Because you can't move on?" Toren asked very bluntly.

"Exactly! Can you help me prove my innocence?" Quinn asked.

"How?" Kolby asked.

"I left clues all over the city but no one has discovered them yet. Please help me," Quinn begged. Kolby looked at Edwin.

"Let us talk to our friends first," Edwin said, pulling Kolby aside and rounded the group up. He explained the situation and asked for their opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/21/2014, 17:55

((OOC: So, I’m kinda picturing the old man Jafar turned into in Aladdin. With the craziness of Rafiki, like he’s apt to hit you with a stick out of nowhere. Anyone else?))

Mira glanced around at all the ghosts; ghosts of all sizes and ages. The muggles had no idea. A very tall ghost walked straight through a little old lady and she seemed to feel a chill, because she rubbed her arms quickly. Mira could just imagine her reaction if she’d known what really happened.

I don’t like this,” Elsa was muttering to herself, staring at the ground. “I don’t like this at all.

The lads were standing over by the post chatting with an old man, then walked casually over to them. The old man stayed by the post smiling blankly.

So, here’s the deal,” Ed began seriously. “That’s Quinn over there. He was falsely tried for murder –

An’ he can’t move on till he’s proved un-guilty,” Toren finished hastily.

The word’s ’innocent’, chap!” Quinn shouted pleasantly from his position.

Wow, ghosts have exquisite hearing,” Ella muttered.

C’mon over, Quinn,” Ed called, waving him over. The old man hobbled to join them.

Right, so, ya gonna help me?” he croaked.

I’m in,” Mira smiled, putting her arm over Toren’s shoulders.

Tari? Elsa? Ella?” Edwin asked extra-sweetly, flashing his flirtiest smile.
Back to top Go down
Christiare Le Clerc
Christiare Le Clerc

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/26/2014, 14:26

Tari nodded Cheerily, playing with her caplet.

"I don't see why we can't help. After all, we've helped eachother out of scrapes time and time again. Why not help the man?"

Tari folded her arms behind her, looking around at the group, still a little wary of Kolby, but she focused on the facts of the positive. She was in London, with her friends, and they were about to embark on solving a mystery like one from the Bard's Tales she often heard.

"What do you girls think?"

((OOC: Sorry for it taking so long, and for such a short post. Been sick as of late.))
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime11/26/2014, 18:22

Kolby could tell that Elsa and Ella were uneasy about helping a ghost. But, the majority were fine with it, so they would have to go along with it either way.

"Come on Elsa. If you get scared, I'll protect you," Kolby said jokingly, putting his arm around Elsa and causing everyone to laugh. Elsa slapped him playfully and Kolby stuck his tongue out at her.

"The first clue is at the butcher's on Poultry Street," Quinn said, before he floated off.

"I know where that is. We buy from that butcher a lot," Edwin said, as they started to walk away. Kolby noticed that some ghosts were snickering as they left. That can't be a good sign, he thought.

"So, how have y'alls summer been?" Jon asked.

"Boring," Elsa said.

"My family went to Ireland for a week, but other than that, very dull," Kolby commented as they walked through a think crowd.

"Do you think we'll have Templar when we get back?" Edwin asked.

"Of course. I'm sure Symon, Finn, and Jacob are planning something fantastic," Elsa said. They got to talking about Templar, Ella and Toren being very confused. Then, they reached the butcher's.

"Anyone see any clues?" Kolby asked.

(OOC: It could be painted into the sign or something.)
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime12/2/2014, 13:48

(OOC: The old man should be telling us what the clues are, how else are we supposed to know what to look for?)

Mira listened to the group chatter as they walked. She was too busy looking around at everything (she even tripped over a pebble) to join in the conversation. Her summer was too boring to talk about, anyway. The Catrains had been working practically nonstop to get ready for the tourney in York; all the citizens on High Street and the nobles in Lydafort were putting in orders for new clothes.

My summer’s been pretty great,” she heard Jon say. She could tell he was grinning. “I’ve been working on the side for Wulfrick Catrain, hauling wool.

He’s at our house all the time,” Toren sighed, probably rolling his eyes.

Edwin glanced between Mira and Jon, trying to figure out if Mira had given in and started to like the Hufflepuff.

It’s rather annoying, actually,” Mira chimed in, dousing Jon’s hopes yet again.

Glad ye made it,” Quinn said, popping up in front of the butchery shop. “I ain’t allowed in there, so go find me clue. Tis a small wooden toy horse.

Mira wasn’t sure how a toy horse would prove his innocence, but she shrugged and followed the group into the shop.
Back to top Go down
Christiare Le Clerc
Christiare Le Clerc

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime12/13/2014, 16:05

Christiare bounced on her heels with pent up excitement as she looked around the shop. Scanning the shelves with a keen eye hopefully, she wished Arya could have been among the group. Her eyes were the sharpest she knew.
Then, just as she was begining to loose hope of finding the clue herself, she spotted the small wooden horse precosiously balanced on a hanging sign telling the price of a particular item. Beaming at her luck, Tari pointed at the sign, unable to reach the horse.

"There it is!"
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime12/14/2014, 17:20

Kolby walked up to Tari, where you was pointing at the horse. Edwin was distracting the shop keep so they were unnoticed for the most part. Jon came up too.

"Good job Tari," Jon said as Kolby tried to jump up and reach it.

"Ugh. I'm just an inch too short," Kolby groaned disappointedly. Jon tried too and he couldn't reach it.

"We need to use a spell," Jon said, looking at Kolby. Kolby was confused that Jon would look at him, but then realized that Jon was expecting him to do it because he was second on the list when they were at school. Kolby looked around and pulled out his wand. Jon and Elsa guarded him.

"Mobiliarbus," he whispered, pointing at the horse. It floated a bit and then he lowered it into his hands.

"I got it," he whispered.

"What does it say?" Jon asked. Kolby wished Adele or Marigold was here. They would have found the clue easily. Kolby turned the horse over and over around in his hand. Nothing. He scratched his head, trying to figure it out. He passed it to Jon, who passed it to Mira.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime12/15/2014, 17:53

Mira had no idea. She passed the horse to Elsa, who passed it to Ed, who passed it to Ella, who passed it to Toren, who walked back to Mira and gave it to her. So it seemed it was all up to Mira to figure this out.

Well, um,” she muttered, studying it intently. “Perhaps….perhaps the horse is the clue!

What gave it away, Mira?” Elsa said sarcastically, shaking her head.

Ugh, that’s not what I mean,” she shot back. “Maybe the horse itself is the next clue; maybe we’re meant to go to a stable or something.

Brilliant!” Ed nodded.

Nope, nope, nope,” Quinn said, popping up behind Tari and shoving his way into the center of the group. “The next clue is this….

Everyone leaned in, but the old ghost just smiled at them.

Well, what is it?!” Edwin exclaimed.

Whoa whoa!!” Quinn shouted, waving his arms around. “Simmer down, laddy! I’ll tell ya where to go next…

Well?” they all said in unison. This ghost had to be yanking their chain.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime12/26/2014, 19:12

Kolby looked at the horse and noticed a tiny seam between the head and the body. He took it from Edwin and popped the head off and there was a piece of paper in it. 

"Bingo! I'll see you at the next clue," Quinn said, disappearing. 

"Why did we say we would help him?" Jon asked, Edwin saying good bye to the butcher. 

"Read the clue Kolby," Elsa commanded. Kolby looked at the piece of paper. 

"The next clue is 'wheat'. Go to the shop that uses yeast. Look for the mythical beast," he read, shaking his head as Quinn thought that wheat sounds like neat. Elsa groaned. 

"To the bakers! To look for hopefully another toy," Edwin said happily. Kolby rolled his eyes. He was already regretting this decision to help this ghost.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime1/12/2015, 21:11

The group made their way to the nearest bakery, but Mira had a disturbing thought.

Guys, what if it’s not a bakery we’re looking for?” she asked, slowing her pace.

Where else would we find yeast?” Elsa replied, raising an eyebrow.

I don’t know,” she sighed. “A farm? A yeast supplier? What if this is all just some trick?

I’ve been wondering that too,” Edwin admitted. “But we’ve got to keep our heads, we’re just paranoid. Look, there’s the bakery!

More a shack than a bakery, the place was empty and rundown. Mira was pretty positive this place hadn’t held any costumers (or living things in general) in a very long time. Jon and Elsa marched on, however, so the rest of them followed. Inside, cobwebs hung from the ceiling and the dust and grime was at least half an inch thick on the floor. Mira looked around anxiously for a mythical beast.

I hope Quinn wasn’t implying there’s an actual beast in here,” Ed said, reading her mind.

Nope!” Toren responded satisfactorily. He pointed to the old fireplace; low and behold, a sphinx was engraved on it. “That’s myfical, right?

Mira wanted to correct him, but she thought it was cute when he used ‘f’ instead of ‘th’ sometimes. Ella walked over and tapped the sphinx with her wand, and they waited nervously to see what would happen.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime1/24/2015, 01:25

The fireplace sprung to life and then fade. On the back face of the fireplace, there were glowing words.

"That's sooo cool," Jon said, mystified by the words.

"Someone, read it," Elsa stated.

"The next clue is for your aid. Head to where laws are made," Edwin said. The words fade and the fireplace put itself out.

"Where's are laws made?" Jon asked. Kolby shrugged; they were all kids. They didn't know or care about politics. They all stood around and thought for a second.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime1/24/2015, 01:56

Mira was getting a bit tired of this. Literally. Being next to a roaring fire made her want to curl up and sleep. But, alas, she could not. They were on a mission. As they stood around thinking about where laws were made, Quinn popped up behind them and Elsa let out a shriek.

"Woo, that scream could wake the dead, child," he tutted, shaking his head. The irony was not lost on them.

"Er, Quinn," Mira peeped, raising her hand. "We don't know where laws are made."

"Sure ya do," he smiled.

With a poof, the ghost was gone again. Edwin groaned and leaned against the wall. That old man was no help at all.

"Maybe it's the palace," Ella suggested. "Doesn't the king make laws?"

"Wait," Ed said, thinking hard. "The Parliament! It's right on the Thames, we're not far. C'mon!"
Back to top Go down
Christiare Le Clerc
Christiare Le Clerc

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime1/26/2015, 16:35

Tari smiled exhuberantly as she rushed along with the group. She doubted she had ever smiled so much in one day, yet the excitement thrilled her. As they made their way towards Parliment, she couldn't help but ponder if Hugh had stayed in town over the holliday. She barely doubted it, he had mentioned something about having a great deal of orders to fill. Her mind lost in thought of her friend, she barely noticed herself walking directly into the child in question.
"Oi! Watch where you are going miss!" Exclaimed Hugh, catching Tari before she tumbled.
Tari, astounded, steadied herself.
" Hugh! We're on an adventure, tag along will you?" She begged excitedly.
"[b]Well, by the seat of my pants, Christiare, you're such a rare sight that I'll have to come, what brought you out of the north?
"
Tari chuckles, motioning to her friends.
"They did, come'on let's catch up later."
Hugh nodded and ran with Tari to catch up to the group.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime2/4/2015, 01:12

Kolby got to the Parliament and looked around. Guards watched them warily as the kids wondered around.

"The clue said something about aid, right?" Elsa asked.

"Yeah. But it said go to where laws are made," Edwin countered.

"But, it could have something to do with aid too. Maybe there's a doctors office in the Parliament or something," Elsa proposed.

"Or, maybe there's a plus sign on the fountain in front of the Parliament," Jon said, pointing to the fountain that people were getting water from. On the side of the fountain, there was a plus sign surrounded by swirls. Jon walked up to it with Kolby and tapped it with his wand. The plus sign popped out and was replaced with another. On the back of the plus, words appeared in red.

"This is the final clue. Go to where you started so you know what to do," Elsa read aloud. They all groaned as they were sent back to the start.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime2/5/2015, 17:39

"Hello, Hugh!" Mira smiled when the boy joined them.

After a long walk, they finally made it back to Tyburn. The place was even busier than it had been earlier. Quinn was nowhere to be found, however.

"Great, just great," Elsa moaned. "This was probably all just a ruse!"

"Wait, look," Ed piped up, pointing to the sign that listed everyone executed at the gallows.

"A toy horse!" Toren exclaimed, running over to pick it up.

He brought it to them and handed it to Mira. It was identical to the one they'd found as their first clue.

"This tells us nothing," Ella shook her head, frowning. "Last time, the clue had absolutely nothing to do with the horse."

"Let me see it," Ed said, and Mira passed it over. "Hmmm...Look, there's a drawing on its side. A black door."

"What do you s'pose that means?" Mira wondered. "Hold on." She walked over to the ghost of a little girl who'd been staring at them. "Do you know what this means?"

The girl nodded and whispered in her ear. Mira ran back over to everyone, grinning.

"The Black House."

Ed seemed to know exactly what that was, and motioned for them to follow them.

((OOC:  Remember the plan!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

London Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Calling   London Calling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London Calling
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next