Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Tea Leaves, Anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Madame Astora

Madame Astora

Tea Leaves, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Tea Leaves, Anyone?   Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime12/4/2016, 01:16

[[OOC: This class is not mandatory and all years are welcome!]]

Madame Zora Astora walked around her classroom to do one final sweep of the place before her students arrived. Things were going to be slightly different this year: since Divination (for reasons beyond her) wasn’t the most popular subject, Headmistress Ellington decided to make it an integrated elective course. Students of all years and houses would be joined together, which was how Zora felt things should be anyhow. Why the separation all the time? Couldn’t everyone just get along?

Hmm, yes, perfect, lovely,” she muttered to herself, straightening the cushions on the floor and making sure the crystal balls were centered on each of the low tables.

The room had a faint floral scent thanks to the wild rose incense she had burning, and the sheer turquoise curtains over the windows gave the place a sort of underwater vibe when the sun was shining through them. It was, overall, Zora’s favorite place to be. In fact, she lived in the adjoined room. There was lots of privacy – a perk of having your classroom in the attic. Oh, the ladder! she remembered, rushing over to the opening in the floor. She tossed the ladder over the side without looking, and winced when she heard a cry below.

Heavens, pardon me!” she shouted, laughing and rushing over to her desk. “Ahhh, here comes our first student. Good, uhm...is it afternoon or morning?
Back to top Go down
Reyna Fendrel
Ravenclaw: Year 2
Ravenclaw: Year 2
Reyna Fendrel

PostSubject: Re: Tea Leaves, Anyone?   Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime12/4/2016, 18:06

[[OOC: Totally making the location up, I can't find a reliable map.]]

Reyna rushed from the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom in the North Tower all the way across the castle to the attic of the West Tower. She practically ran, determined to make it before the bell rang.

"Wait up!" Cate called, hustling behind her.

There was no time for waiting! Rey estimated they had about five minutes before class started, and she did not want to miss it. This was the first time Divination was open to first years, and the first integrated-year course ever offered at Hogwarts. History was about to be made! That may be a bit dramatic, Reyna thought. She came to a halt just as she reached the the hatch. It wasn't even open yet? As if her mind had been read, the hatch opened and a robe ladder tumbled down, smacking a third year Hufflepuff on the head.

"Oh my," Reyna muttered, stifling a laugh.

A singsong voice called down from the attic, like chimes in the wind.

"It's evening, Madame Astora," a fifth year Ravenclaw said before climbing the ladder.

"I hope you have some of that ginger tea made," a Slytherin girl shouted up to the professor, whom Reyna had yet to see.

It was clear by their rapport that many of them were seasoned Divination students. I hope I'll fit in, she thought nervously, suddenly aware that she and Cate were the only first years to show up so far. Where is Dimia? I hope that Emmanuelle girl doesn't come. Reyna hesitantly took hold of the rope ladder and inched her way up to the open hatchway. The smell of wildflowers hit her like a slap in the face.

"Need help?" a Gryffindor lad asked as he held his hand out. She took it gratefully and he pulled her up without a struggle. "You must be new. My name's Cadby, but you can call me Cad."

"You're so strong," Reyna wondered aloud.

Realizing what she'd said, she blushed furiously and hurried off to find a seat. Nice one, Rey. Cate was sitting at a table in the far corner of the room, so she grabbed the seat next to her. The cushions were multi-colored and felt like clouds.

"Who's the lion?" Cate whispered. "Looks like a Quidditch player. Merlin's beard, he's looking over here!"

Sure enough, Cadby was staring curiously at Reyna and waved when she spotted him. What a mysterious young man, she thought, waving quickly and looking down at the table. He was tall and lanky, although clearly strong, and his shaggy brown hair fell in his face, nearly covering his mint-green eyes. There was something very curious about him, indeed. Reyna didn't look up again until a familiar face plopped down in front of her.

"You made it just in time," she grinned.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Gryffindor: Year 3
Gryffindor: Year 3
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Tea Leaves, Anyone?   Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/26/2017, 02:21

Arya pulled herself up the rope ladder, pausing to listen to her stomach rumble. She already regretted signing up for Divination lessons, it was too close to dinnertime and too far away from the Great Hall. Unfortunately, this was not happy rainbow fun time - Arya was on a mission. The Templar had a rat, and as the official Shadows, she and Kolby had to figure it out. They got an anonymous tip that the spy may be into Divination.

"Who do you think it is?" Jon whisper-shouted next to her.

"Shut up!" she elbowed him, rolling her eyes. It was like having her own personal war horn...that only blasted at inopportune moments.

"Sorry," he said, making a lock and key motion over his mouth. If only.

Arry grabbed a cushion by the one of the windows, mostly to escape the smell of dried up flowers that hung in the air like fog.

"I didn't know you two were taking this class!" Elsa squealed, making her way over and plopping down across from them. "This is gonna be super fun!"

"Super," Arya replied, less enthusiastically. She busied herself with looking at the other students while Elsa chatted with Jon. Where are you, little spy?
Back to top Go down
Thea Parry
Gryffindor: Year 1
Gryffindor: Year 1
Thea Parry

PostSubject: Re: Tea Leaves, Anyone?   Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:14

Thea was excited about Divination. Her mother was skilled in it and Thea was always fascinated by it. Kerry was less excited.

"I want food, Thea," Kerry complained, as they climbed up the stairs of the North Tower.

"Oh, shush you. This'll be fun. Besides, think of all the older girls in the class that you can flirt with," Thea teased. Kerry rolled his eyes and they took the ladder up into the attic.

Thea smiled as Reyna called her over.

"Good. I'm glad. I'm so excited. My mother has been doing Divination for years. It's quite fascinating," Thea said, taking a seat by Reyna. She smiled at her brother, who was already situated in the back, in the shade. He smiled back, but Thea could tell that he was watching the class carefully. Templar business, Thea thought, before taking out her own tea cup. It was passed down through the females in the Perry clan and Thea loved the design. Hopefully Madame Astora allowed the cup.
Back to top Go down
Petyr Martell
Hufflepuff: Year 2
Hufflepuff: Year 2
Petyr Martell

PostSubject: Re: Tea Leaves, Anyone?   Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20

Petyr was scared. Didn't Divination go against the church? Against God, if there was a God? Being an orphan, Petyr often spent time at the church, getting help from the priests. Some of their stuff stuck with Petyr, which was why he was scared to take this class. But, everyone assured him that it would be a good class to take. Petyr was honestly curious about his future. He wanted to know if he would ever be moderately wealthy, not an orphan skirting around the street, trying to avoid a beating from his caretakers.

"Um...hi. Can I sit with you?" Petyr asked Kerry, his voice barely above a whisper. The attic reminded him of the church, in a very weird way. There were weird smells and the curtains cast the attic in strange lighting like stained glass does for the church.

"Oh. Of course. Have a seat," Kerry confirmed. Petyr took a seat, trying not to shake.

"Relax, Petyr. Relax. This'll be more enjoyable if you relax," Kerry told him. Petyr nodded, but his very little faith was scared to be shaken today. Perhaps this was a mistake, Petyr thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tea Leaves, Anyone?   Tea Leaves, Anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Medieval :: Hogwarts :: Classes :: Divination-
Jump to: