Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

A Templar Picnic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marigold Belet
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Marigold Belet

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime5/7/2020, 10:02

(OOC: I just wanna write, so this is set in May, at the end of the school year.)

Marigold skipped with the basket down to the lakeside. It was a beautiful May day, perfect for a picnic. The Templar executive board was meeting to discuss the year and plans for next year. But, mostly, they were meeting to have fun.

Marigold had agreed to bring the blanket and plates and other little things. The other members were bringing little bits and bobs.

"Mari!" Asher called out from the bank of the lake, waving at her. Marigold waved back and they picked a good location for a picnic. There was some light shade, thanks to a nearby tree. The waves of the lake were far away enough not to disturb the picnic, yet you can hear the gentle waves. The grass was very soft and everything seemed perfect. Asher helped Marigold set out the blanket and they took their shoes off to sit down. Marigold laid down on the blanket, taking in the sun.

"How was your exams?" Asher asked, laying beside her.

"I struggled in Charms, but otherwise, it was good. Yours?" Marigold answered.

"I struggled with Potions this semester. But, I think it went well. Father will try to fund me next year," Asher reported. Marigold turned to look at him and smiled softly.

Asher never really talked about it, but with Asher being at Hogwarts, his family struggled with the fall and spring harvest. Asher was the major work on the farm, as all his siblings were very young and it was just his father. His father saved every penny to send Asher to Hogwarts, which, while there was no tuition, it's the cost of books and robes that really burdened the family. So, Asher had the condition that he had to be great at school to continue to attend. Asher's brother, Canyon, was set to start next year as well.

"Well, that's good to hear. Hogwarts wouldn't be the same without you." Marigold told him. She watched as he blushed and she blushed as well. "Well, I mean, Gryffindor needs to have their star Keeper." Marigold quickly said. Asher let out a laugh and nodded. When Asher wasn't stressed with school, he was actually a very nice guy.

"Hey, you two!" Finn said happily, approaching the picnic. Marigold and Asher sat up to make room for Finn and Peyton, who just arrived. Finn hugged Marigold, as the Hufflepuff hadn't seen her since exams started.

The four of them sat there discussing exams and summer plans, waiting for the others to arrive.

(OOC: I also wanted to expand Asher's character. Don't @ me lol)
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime5/18/2020, 00:48

Adelaine made her way down to the Black Lake with Gavin, Seamus, and Jon. She had a bounce in her step thanks to the beautiful spring weather and promising O.W.L.s. Her Potions exam didn't go super swimmingly, but everything else was passing - at least, she hoped it was. The thought of possibly failing a course...no, it wouldn't do to dwell on such a thing. Her father would...Stop it, Adele, she silently scolded herself. You've done the best you could.

"There they are," Gavin said, pointing to the outlines of their friends in the distance.

"How lovely," Adele sighed with a smile. "Seamus, will you hand me a pumpkin juice?"

Seamus rummaged through the enchanted picnic basket he was carrying. "Uh...Oh..."

"What?" Adelaine stopped in her tracks. "Did you forget the pumpkin juice? You did not forget the pumpkin juice. Seamus, you forgot the pumpkin juice??"

"Bloody hell, Seamus," Gavin groaned. "You did bring the butterbeers though, right?"

The increasingly nervous Seamus mumbled under his breath, still rifling through the basket. Adelaine stared up at the sky, trying to tell herself it didn't matter if her friend forgot the drinks. It was still a lovely day. A lovely, hot day. A day that definitely called for a cool drink.

"Here they are!" Seamus exclaimed, a look of great relief passing over his face. He must have realized his friends were ready to hex him. "Right, let's get a move on!"

As they reached the rest of the group, Adele plopped down on the blanket and began unloading the basket. Frosty bottles of butterbeer and pumpkin juice, lemon cakes, mince pies, and handfuls of candy from Honeyduke's were spread out before them.

"Let the feast begin," Gavin announced. "By the way...who's excited for the big game?"

Adelaine's stomach was suddenly in a knot. The Quidditch House Cup was in just a week between Gryffindor and Slytherin. She was unspeakably disappointed in herself and her team for having only won a single game this year - her first year.

"Don't fret, Addy," Seamus nudged her. "We'll be on top next year, ye'll see."
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Slytherin: Year 3
Kolby Parry

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime5/18/2020, 12:40

"We're gonna be late," Symon called up the boys dorm to Kolby and Jacob. Kolby finished packing up his card and Exploding Snap game. He bounded down the stairs, hearing Jacob coming after him.

"Sorry, sorry," Jacob said, coming down with a small bag. The Slytherins started to climb the secret passage stairs up to the dock of the lake. It would save time and hopefully, they won't be late. The passage was damp and dark though. Kolby shivered. He hated this secret passage. It was the worst in the school.

"Are both of you excited?" Kolby asked. He noticed both Symon and Jacob get a little tense. They were on thin ice with Adele and Marigold. Kolby chuckled.

"I'm excited to meet one last time. Discuss plans for next year." Jacob responded. Symon nodded and the Slytherins emerged from the passage. They walked a little further and found Walt, who seemed confused and lost. They laughed and let the Gryffindor join their party to find the picnic. Five minutes later, they reached the others.

"Anyone up for Exploding Snap?" Kolby greeted. Symon magically enchanted the blanket to make it longer, so everyone can fit comfortably.

"Yeah, go on," Peyton said, hopping up for a game. "I'm gonna win this time Perry,"

"In ya dreams Brix," Kobly told him, getting out the cards. Peyton and Kolby had been trading wins all school year. Currently, Kolby held the most wins, but only by two. Jacob and Symon sat more towards the outskirts of the group. Symon and Asher shot each other a look when Gavin brought up the big game. Slytherin has won the most games and they were up against Gryffindor for the final game of the season.

"I can't wait to announce it. It's going to be exciting. AndAsherblockedthethrowandforsomereason,someRavenclawshavejoinedthegameandohno!AninjuryonteamGryffindor!" Kolby said quickly, in his announcer's voice. It got a laugh from everyone and sorta broke the awkwardness in the group.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime5/18/2020, 21:24

Adelaine sipped on her drink and tensed up a bit when Symon sat down. They hadn't spoken to each other since the Slytherin-Ravenclaw match a couple weeks ago. Well, she hadn't spoken to him - he had tried to start a conversation with her several times since then. Adele knew she was being ridiculous and that she ought to just get over it, but it wasn't that easy. That match was the one that kicked Ravenclaw out of the running. It also didn't lighten her mood to hear the others chat excitedly about the final, but she couldn't help but laugh when Kolby joked about a few Ravenclaws joining the game.

"Don't be surprised if you see me on the Pitch," she grinned, shooting a smile towards Symon. He smiled back.

"I can see it now," Gavin interjected, putting on his best court herald voice. "Adelaine Beaumont expelled for wacking a third bludger into play, injuring members of both teams - sources are unsure whether it was a lapse in sanity or an act on behalf of the Ministry of Mischief!"

Everyone cracked up at the image, and Adele herself cackled so hard she choked on her butterbeer. Symon threw a napkin in her face.

"So what are our summer plans, everyone?" Jon asked, changing the subject. He wasn't the only one who was disappointed in their house team.

"I hear there'll be a tourney in Sussex," Seamus spoke up excitedly. "Me mum will probably be goin', so I'll be there - ye should all come!"
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime5/19/2020, 13:10

Marigold knew that Adele was taking Ravenclaw's lost particularly hard. They had discussed it a few times and Marigold kept reassuring her that everyone tried their best on the game. Marigold was of course disappointed. But, she gave it her all and she was happy with that. And, at least they did better than Hufflepuff this season.

Marigold listened to everyone's summer plans. Tourneys, balls, dinners, noble life. Marigold looked at all the peasants in the group and they all nodded and smiled at each other.

"So, Marigold, what are your....right," Jon said. Marigold nodded, as Jon remembered that she was a house servant. Here at Hogwarts, it was easy to forget who was a peasant and who was noble. Everyone was a student, thus everyone was equal. Marigold found it oddly beautiful.

"Well, actually, Lord de Hattes is hosting a tourney too. Meaning.....a lot more work," Marigold started and then sighed, looking at Asher. Asher nodded, thinking about all the work on the farm he would have to do when he returned.

"A tourney? Why? I haven't heard of anything," Jacob chimed. Marigold looked down, suddenly realizing that she shouldn't have mentioned it. The Montforts and the de Hattes were a close family, but the de Hattes also kept their distance at times. After all, the Montforts were a Dark Wizard family. Marigold shrugged.

"Aren't tourneys just glorified spitting contests? Like, look at me, I'm Lord So-and-So, and I have a fancy tent and lots of servants," Jon joked. The peasants laughed, while the joke was a hit or miss with the nobles.

"I mean, I think they are a little romantic," Gavin mentioned. Marigold shrugged. He wasn't wrong. Tourney's were often marriage celebrations or where marriages were announced.

"Ah, yes, quite romantic. Come, my lady! Let us run away together!" Jon joked, standing up and grabbing Marigold's hand. Marigold giggled and stood with him.

"Oh, Lord So-and-So! You are brave and true, but you must speak to my father or fight for my hand," Marigold joked along, putting a hand to her forehead and pretending to faint. Jon caught her in his arms.

"Very well, my lady! I will send my bravest knight to the die in the joust to fight for your hand. Thus, through no action of my own, I shall prove my love to you," Jon jested, striking manly poses. Laughter emerged from the group, although the nobles seemed a little uncomfortable.

"Alright, alright. Fair point," Gavin muttered. Marigold and Jon sat back down, happy with their performance.

(OOC: I really wanted to play up that Jon is a class clown.)
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Hufflepuff: Year 3
Mira Catrain

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime5/28/2020, 17:02

(OOC: For the sake of bringing Ed in without awkwardness, let’s say this thread is the morning before the Detention; Also I’m editing to say this is one week before the game)

Mira walked down to the Black Lake with Edwin and Elsa in tow. It was a beautiful spring day, and Ed was so hyped up for the game next weekend that the girls thought it’d be a good idea to make him relax…no matter how much he protested.

Guys, I need to be practicing,” he complained, hands on his head in exasperation.

You’ve practiced every day this week,” Mira retorted, shoving him lightly. “Merlin’s beard, it’s a wonder you haven’t set up camp on the Pitch!

Elsa laughed loudly. “He did actually fall asleep there last Wednesday.

With a sigh, Mira smirked and shook her head. She wanted Ed to be excited and prepared for his first Quidditch Cup match, but he was taking it too far. It wasn’t healthy, even for an athlete, to push oneself so hard.

Is that Jon?” Ed asked, squinting across the field. “It is…and Adele, Seamus, everyone! Why didn’t they invite us?

Probably couldn't hear them from so far up in the air,” Elsa nudged him. “Let’s go see what they’re up to.

Mira was a bit hesitant. She got on well with most of that group, but a certain few still gave her major bad vibes. Resigning herself to awkwardness, she followed her friends. The group seemed to be having quite a nice little picnic, chatting about Quidditch and tourneys.

"There's a wizard-run festival near my village this year," she piped up with a small smile. "It's the first one in years. No muggles allowed."

"Really?" Jon asked, passing her a pumpkin juice. "How will they manage that? I know we don't exactly hide from 'em, but..."

"There's a lot of our magic they don't know about," Gavin nodded.

"Right. They're putting some sort of charm around the festival grounds to hide it from non-magic folk," Mira explained. "Do you think any of you will be coming?"
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime5/30/2020, 00:19

Kolby and Peyton were deep into their game of Exploding Snap. They barely noticed that Ed, Elsa, and Mira showed up. Kolby perked up when he heard about a wizard-only festival.

"That sounds like a blast," Kolby commented. Peyton touched two Selkies and they blew up. Kolby groaned and went back to the game. He could not lose to Peyton.

"Focus Kolby, focus," Jacob cheered. Kolby hit two Mermaids and Peyton sighed.

"Oi, no cheating you two," Peyton told Jacob. Jacob rolled his eyes but backed off.

"Asher, we should be practicing," Edwin commented to Asher. Kolby laughed. Apparently, Edwin was very excited.

"We can't right now, actually. Professor Renior is getting the Pitch ready for next week, so she's closed it off today," Asher told the Gryffindor.

"What?! But, why? I need to practice," Edwin protested.

"Relax Ed, relax. If you keep practicing, you'll be exhausted before the game," Symon told the 2nd year Gryffindor. Kolby sighed as Peyton found another pair.

"Symon's right. The game will be the game. And, there's always next season," Asher agreed. Kolby touched two pairs and looked at Peyton. Peyton and Kolby both had a confused look on their face. Since when did Asher and Symon agree on anything? Peyton and Kolby shook their heads and both of them touched a pair. Kolby sighed. There wasn't many cards left.

"Right, right. Next season.....for Gryffindor to win two years in a row!" Edwin cheered. The group laughed and Symon smiled and shook his head.

"Hopefully no one will get hurt this game. There have been six injuries this season and it's insane," Walt commented. Kolby laughed.

"Come on now Walt. The injuries are the best to announce," Kolby responded in true Slytherin fashion. The group laughed.

"On a serious note, we'll try to play safely, Walt and Mari. Renior did say that we're playing a little too aggressive this season," Asher reassured. Kolby touched two more cards and Peyton groaned. Kolby smiled.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/13/2020, 23:39

Adelaine shifted uncomfortably when Mira joined the group. For some reason, she always had a feeling the Hufflepuff didn't like her and she couldn't for the life of her figure out why. They'd never even had a full conversation. Perhaps that's the answer, she realized. Mira just needed to get to know her better. The idea of a magical festival sounded incredible, and it was the perfect location for a casual Adelaine-And-Mira-Day-Of-Fun sort of thing. As the conversation moved to Quidditch, Adele quickly forgot about Mira's uncalled for unease.

"Speaking of Renoir, how is it you two are still in the game next week?" she asked, pointing to Kolby and Jacob. "She never tolerates troublemakers.

"What do you mean?" Asher asked, perking up at the idea of his Quidditch rival being in any sort of trouble.

"A little birdy told me Mr. Announcer and Batboy here have detention tomorrow," Adele smirked.

Jacob jokingly scoffed. "I beg your pardon! Aren't you a Beater as well, Batgirl?"

The group laughed as Adele tossed up a teacake and smacked it at the Slytherin's head.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/15/2020, 08:16

Marigold laughed as Jacob was hit with the teacup. He shook his head and wiped away the icing.

"We got off with just detention, because of all the trouble the Ministry of Mischief has been causing. They're....skewing the punishment system here, for sure. Because.....ya know," Jacob commented. It was silent in the group for a second. Marigold thought back to what happened. Even just in the first part of the year.....

Marigold had nightmares from time to time, about the kidnapping. Well, kidnappings. When did she become such a damsel in distress? The Davy kidnapping. She could feel the poison in her veins and sometimes had relapses. They were able to give her an antidote, but it hadn't made it's way out of her system yet. With the Baums.....the party.....the feeling of the Crucio curse.

Walt gently wrapped an arm around Marigold, as she realized that her hand started shaking at the thought of what happened over the school year.  

"That's why we're here. We need to plan for next year and maybe try to put a stop to the Ministry," Symon stated boldly. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"They fought dirty at the last party. Using those curses....." Jacob commented.

"What were those curses anyway?" Jon asked.

"Bad ones. They should be banned from using in school," Gavin told him. The mood in the groups was dark.

"Tag! You're it!" Edwin said, touching Jon unexpectedly, getting up, and running away. Everyone scattered, as Jon went to tag someone else.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 00:25

((OOC: I am really proud of the analogy I made Laughing ))

Mira felt the mood drop faster than Seeker in a nosedive. She was grateful for - yet surprised by - Edwin's sudden burst of playful energy. Breaking into a run, she zigzagged along the shore and around the tree. The tagger changed multiple times and not once was she touched. If only there were some ground sport that required fast running, she thought. It may be the only athletic thing she was good at.

"Psst!"

Coming to a stop, Mira looked around. What had made that noise?

"Psst!" it called again.

"What's up Mira?" Ed asked, slowing to a walk.

"I keep hearing something whispering," she replied, looking up to where the noise was coming from. "I think there's something in the tree."

Edwin stood next to her and looked up. All they could see were branches and leaves billowing gently in the breeze.

"Ahem..."

"Whatcha lookin' at?" Seamus asked loudly, and they both shushed him. "Well, blimey..."

Mira heard a branch snap and saw a flash of green.

((OOC: Lost Bowtruckle ^^))
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/17/2020, 23:46

Kolby ran along the lake shoreline, running from Jon who was currently tagged. Kolby sighed in annoyance as he was tagged and Jon took off in the opposite direction. Kolby looked around the lake, seeing people scattered around. Then, he saw a cluster of people gathered around the tree. Seeing the opportunity, Kolby approached.

"Tag! You're it!" Kolby cried cheerfully, touching Seamus on the back. Seamus and Edwin shushed him and Kolby realized what they were looking at. A little Bowtruckle was hanging onto Edwin's finger and seemed a little frightened by Kolby's sudden outburst.

"Woah," Kolby simply responded, stopping in his tracks and seeing the little guy.

"Where's your home buddy?" Edwin asked the small bowtruckle. Somehow, the bowtruckle wasn't behaving aggressively. Kolby was fascinated by the creature, never seeing one before. Other people from the picnic gathered around to see the little guy.

"Is this his home tree?" Walt asked, seeming to know a little more about the creature than others. "We studied bowtruckles in Care of Magical Creatures this year." Kolby nodded and looked at the tree. If it was this guy's home tree, it was a bad place to live. The branches were all broken, apparently from someone climbing it and the tree appeared to be dying.

"Surely not," Peyton commented. The bowtruckle looked around the group and seemed a little timid. But, he wasn't getting super aggressive, so that was a good sign.

"Let's find his home!" Peyton said excitedly. The group splintered off in search of the bowtruckles home tree.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/18/2020, 22:14

Adelaine went from fearful to completely melted in seconds as she watched the little Bowtruckle. He (at least she assumed it was a he) stared around at all of them curiously, not the least bit hesitant toward this group of humans surrounding him. Everyone had branched off in search of a homey looking tree, but Adele and Peyton stayed with Ed so they could keep an eye on the adorable tree guardian.

"I've never seen anything cuter in my life," Walt said, eyes wide. Adele could swear the creature was glaring indignantly.

"That's not to say you aren't absolutely fearsome," she said helpfully, receiving a small smile. "Say, do you happen to know Arya?"

Of course the one person who had experience with Bowtruckles outside of class wasn't here. Last year, Arya and Mitri had foolishly decided to explore the Forbidden Forest in search of centaurs and nearly got attacked by a Bowtruckle. Arry described him as feisty, and this one seemed to fit the bill. At the sound of her name, the stick-like creature let out a happy squeak and nodded.

"Ahh, so yer Bowie?" Seamus grinned, overhearing. "We've heard a lot about ye...all good things, don't worry!"

"Alright, well if my memory serves me, Arya found this little guy in the outskirts of the forest," Peyton said, suddenly sounding extra Ravenclawish. "Need a ride?"

Bowie tapped his foot on Edwin's hand and folded his arms. The others had rejoined them after hearing Peyton. Symon grabbed a fallen tree branch and held it out.

"I remember reading about traders transporting them by branch because they're more comfortable that way," he said quietly, not wanting Bowie to hear about creature traders. With another squeak he hopped onto the branch, balancing perfectly as they moved toward the forest.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/19/2020, 11:15

Marigold smiled as Bowie was being returned home. She looked at the trees, enjoying the walk after eating some snacks. It was an amazing May day. It was sunny, but not too hot, thanks for a cooling breeze. The sun reflected off the lake and the trees swayed gently in the breeze, making a nice rustling sound. Asher laughed at Marigold as she skipped a little bit around the lake. It had been a long semester and it felt good to skip.

"He seems to be directing us this way," Peyton said, watched Bowie on the branch. He seemed really comfy and surprisingly calm. Marigold was really impressed with how calm the bowtruckle was. But, if he had played with Arya before, then it was no surprise that he was so okay with humans.

"Is this it? This seems like a healthy tree," Jacob asked. Bowie seemed to get excited as they approached. He wiggled a around a lot more.

"This must be it then," Peyton concluded. Symon held out the tree branch and Bowie jumped into the tree, going into a little hole that was in the tree's trunk. While everyone got closer to the Forbidden Forest, Marigold stood more towards the lake.

"Still have nightmares?" Walt asked, rubbing her back. Marigold nodded. He knew she still had nightmares. When she would get a nightmare, she would move down to the Hospital Wing and sleep in her little cranny in Alys' office/room, since Alys gave her a key to her office. Walt would sometimes be in there, studying late into the morning and he would calm Marigold down.

"Don't worry. The forest isn't too bad. Or, if you want, you never have to go in there again," Walt reassured. Marigold nodded and sucked in a deep breath.

"Bye Bowie!" Peyton told said happily, as they began to wander back to the picnic.

"The pumpkin juice will be hot," Marigold commented.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 00:39

Mira couldn't help but smile when the Bowtruckle was reunited with his tree. He was so excited, which was an entrancing emotion to see in such a strange little creature. Bowie jumped up and down and clapped and squealed.

"He's so cute!" she shouted as the group wandered back to their picnic. "Oh, I wish I could keep one as a pet."

"I think he'd claw your face before he ever let that happen," Edwin laughed. "Bowtruckles like their freedom."

"Who doesn't?" Peyton smiled.

Just when they reached the blankets, the bell tolled signaling an hour till sunset. That was when students were expected to be back in the castle boundaries.

"Care to move this to the Center Courtyard?" Mira asked, chugging the last of her butterbeer.

"Yeah, let's start packing," Jon said, though he continued skipping rocks over the surface of the lake.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08

Kolby helped gathered up some things from the picnic, as they began to move towards the courtyard. A few other students were playing games, but there was enough space for everyone.

"So, what's the agenda for Templar next year?" Gavin asked, as they all plopped down again to finish up the picnic. Jacob and Symon smiled. As the main teachers, they were in charge of the curriculum of Templar, although it had to get approved by the entire executive board.

"Well, we have a few spells that we for sure want to teach. Alarte Ascendare, Levicorpus, a few variations of the Protego spell, etc. But, we've been talking to Walt and we might have him give a few healing classes, showing us the basics of healing," Jacob informed.

"Ooooo!" Elsa said excitedly. Walt blushed and nodded.

"Of course, I'll have my little sidekick," Walt said, gently shaking Marigold. Everyone laughed.

"What about growth? We're growing very quickly," Peyton commented. They started in November with 52 members. Now, they were maybe in the 100's? Kolby sucked in a deep breath. As a Spider, he and Arya had to background check every single person and it was exhausting work. Most of the people who wanted to join were relatively normal students, who were bullied by some members of the Ministry.

"We could ask for a faculty sponsorship. I know we're pretty secretive right now, but we're getting a little too popular," Gavin suggested. Kolby felt a little uneasy about that.

"I mean, would a faculty member be okay with that? We went a whole year without any faculty backing, which is a big no-no," Peyton added. Everyone nodded. It would be hard to get a faculty sponsorship.

"We'll just have to wait for next year, I guess," Symon finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Templar Picnic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Templar Picnic   A Templar Picnic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Templar Picnic
Page 1 of 1