Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
7/5/2017, 11:29 pm by Marigold Belet

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
7/5/2017, 11:15 pm by Marigold Belet

» A Noble Rescue
7/5/2017, 10:55 pm by Marigold Belet

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
6/27/2017, 1:20 am by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
6/23/2017, 11:46 pm by Headmistress Ellington

» "Report Cards"
6/20/2017, 6:42 pm by Kolby Parry

» Party Prep!
8/12/2016, 1:15 am by Deirdre McCalahan

» Party Like a Badger!
7/25/2016, 1:36 am by Deirdre McCalahan

» Some Fresh Air
7/23/2016, 9:29 pm by Professor Renoir

» Quidditch Tryouts 1351
7/23/2016, 9:12 pm by Arya Lannister

Beware!
 photo b9a721cd-7e6b-4cda-a1f4-a3706998472b_zpsa363bf54.jpg
Top posting users this month
Marigold Belet

Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Share | 

Eeylops Owl Emporium

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emmanuelle Armand
Slytherin: Year 1

PostSubject: Eeylops Owl Emporium   9/25/2013, 7:28 pm

Emmanuelle scanned every corner of the pet shop in search of the perfect animal. An owl would be the most practical thing to bring to Hogwarts next year, but cats were far less noisy. With a huff, she walked up to the storekeeper’s counter and picked up the small bell. Forty seconds later, a homely woman straggled over looking like she’d just run across the country.

How can I help ye, dear?” she asked pointedly.

These animals, zey are all you ‘ave?” Emmy questioned.

The woman stared for a moment before finally understanding what she said. This is what Emmy hated about moving to England. She’d been working so hard on her English, trying to perfect it, but the accent simply wouldn’t budge. Mon dieu, she thought grimly.

These here are the only one’s we have,” the storekeeper answered. “We got a few more owls in the back though, I’ll bring ‘em out.

Em stood at the counter, impatiently tapping her fingers on the wood. Finally, the lady came back out with two more cages. In one was a rather anxious looking barn owl; in the other, a beautiful snowy white owl with piercing golden eyes. Emmy immediately threw ten galleons on the counter.

Ze white one, madame,” she smiled excitedly. She turned when she heard someone new enter the shop.

Hufflepuff: Year 1

PostSubject: Re: Eeylops Owl Emporium   9/28/2013, 11:46 am

Petyr entered the emporium, holding his small bag of Galleons tightly. He didn't have much but an owl would be useful. A small owl.he thought, looking at all the cages. He would occasionally look out the window, keeping an eye on Rex.

He sighed when he couldn't find anything. He cleared his throat.

"Excuse me miss. I would like some help."he said timidly. The homely woman smiled. He blushed and looked at the ground.

"Of course. What is your price range?"she asked. He grimaced and opened his bag, counting out a mere three Galleons.

"One to three Galleons."he said quietly. He heard a scoff and blushed more.

"Well, let's see what I have."she said, walking amoung the cages. He would have to wait. He looked around and almost missed the girl at the counter. He smiled at her. She seems nice enough.he thought.

"Hi. I'm Petyr. And, your name is?"he asked the girl.
Back to top Go down
Rowan Quincarnon
Ravenclaw: Year 1

PostSubject: Re: Eeylops Owl Emporium   9/30/2013, 12:20 am

Rowan shook his head, he had managed to lose his parents as they made small talk with another prestigious pure blood family. They surely wouldn't notice his absence for a while, at least not until they begun to show him off. He was, of course, his parents favorite trophy, behind the countless others that lay hidden in their family vault.

Making his way into the pet shop, Rowan was glad he had already obtained a pet for his upcoming years at Hogwarts. Maybe it wouldn't be too lonely with his Egyptian mau, Seti. The kitten was a rambunctious one, unlike his owner. Rowan thought it might be nice to buy Seti a treat of some sorts from the pet shop.

Rowan noticed the boy, Petyr, seemed embarrassed when sharing his price range. The homely woman had the audacity to scoff at the poor boy! Quickly approaching the woman, he set in her hand a few of his own galleons.

"You see that boy you just scoffed at madam? These are his, I suggest you be more polite as you wouldn't want to lose a potential customer would you? With an attitude like yours I couldn't imagine you get many. And if you speak a word of this to anyone, let's just say I have friends in high places." Rowan said with a sneer. He could not stand impudent people, and his parents wouldn't note that he spent more than required on his treat for Seti.

Leaving the woman, Rowan looked at a collection of oddly shaped bundles of fabric, one even resembled a mouse! Laughing, Rowan picked it up and headed towards the counter. It surely was a peculiar object if there indeed was ever one!

PostSubject: Re: Eeylops Owl Emporium   9/30/2013, 5:23 pm

Emmanuelle quietly watched the scene at the counter play out in front of her, rolling her eyes when Petyr handed over three galleons, and trying hard not to laugh when the other boy told off the shopkeeper. The two young men looked about her age, and were probably starting at Hogwarts next year as well. She cleared her throat and tried her best to speak without an accent.

Emmanuelle Beau-” she stopped herself before giving her former surname.  A rather bad habit, but she had never gotten used to her father being gone. “Armand, pardon. Pleased to be meeting you.

The smaller boy, Petyr, clearly wasn’t the type of child her family would want her to associate with. Scrawny, not well dressed, and obviously poor. But, the Beaumonts were known for their respectability; and in order to be respected, one must at least be polite enough to acquaint oneself with others, no matter their background.

You will be starting at ‘ogwarts, no?” she asked curiously, when the lady walked up with her owl.

Here ya go, m’lady,” she said, heaving the cage onto the counter.

Em thanked the woman and peered into the cage, smiling at her owl. She decided her name would be Astrid, after her late grandmother. Noticing that the woman still hadn’t taken her money, Emmy opened her mouth to say something, but the woman interrupted, turning to Petyr.

Ya got 9 galleons, dear, that gives you a decent selection,” she started, in her drollest voice. “Black cat, tabby cat, ginger cat, white cat, crested toad, harlequin toad, western green toad; owls are a galleon more. What’ll it be?

Emmanuelle sighed and threw another galleon onto the counter; owls were the only practical way to go.

Well, in that case,” the woman rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. “Barn owl, brown owl, snowy owl, tawny owl.

The other boy walked back up to the counter again, with some suspicious looking rat shaped fabric thing in his hand. Em crinkled her nose and looked at him while the storekeeper dealt with Petyr.

What eez zat, monsieur?

PostSubject: Re: Eeylops Owl Emporium   9/30/2013, 10:20 pm

Petyr blushed a furious shade of red. He really didn't like taking money from people but it seemed that these people had more than enough money to spare. But, still, he didn't want to seem dishonest.

"Thank you. Thank you so much."he told the boy. The boy quickly scurried off to another place in shop, not thinking a thing about it. Petyr smiled at the Emmanuelle. She seems nice.he thought.

"Please to meet you too. I'm Petyr. Petyr Martell. And, yes. I'll be starting Hogwarts next year."he told Emmanuelle. It was obvious that she was of higher class. So, he tried to be as polite as possible.

"Ummmm....tawny owl, please."he told the lady. She nodded and walked to fetch him one. He turned to Emmanuelle.

"Thank you so much. I really do appreciate it."he said, rocking back and forth on his feet. The boy came hurrying back with a particular looking object.

"Is that an owl toy?"Petyr asked. It certainly did look like one.
Back to top Go down
Rowan Quincarnon

PostSubject: Re: Eeylops Owl Emporium   10/1/2013, 4:46 pm

Rowan nodded in acknowledgement, his cheeks dusted with pink. He wasn't the most outgoing of fellows, and having been found out embarrassed him. Rowan looked at the lump of fabric in his hand.

"I believe it's meant to resemble a mouse. Probably intended to be an owl's toy but I figured my kitten Seti might enjoy it," Rowan said. Seti was a quite rambunctious kitten, not much like himself, but they got on like thieves.

"What are you going to name your owl? A fine specimen it seems," Rowan said once the shopkeeper arrived back with the tawny owl.

The smell of hay was itching Rowan's nose, though the Lord's stables were a place he often visited, Rowan didn't think he could put much longer as his eyes were beginning to water. Sniffing, Rowan waited to make his purchase. Hopefully he could evade his parents for a while longer. They wouldn't be too happy with his solitary trek.

PostSubject: Re: Eeylops Owl Emporium   10/1/2013, 6:55 pm

Emmy sighed and looked around awkwardly as the other boy their age struck up a conversation with Petyr. Not that she cared much, she had better people to talk to, but Em did not like to be ignored. The lad hadn't even introduced himself yet, which was not proper etiquette; he clearly wasn't as high up as he made himself out to be. Instead of bothering with him, she turned back to the woman.

"Madame, eef you would be so kind to reach for me ze owl traite?"

Another positively blank stare. Mon dieu, quel est le mot?

"Treats!" she exclaimed.

The shopkeeper jumped into action; she hopped onto a short ladder and pulled a sack of owl treats down from a shelf.

"2 galleons, 1 sickle," she droned.

Em fished the money out of the pocket of her robes and handed them to the woman. She hefted Astrid's cage in one hand, the treats in the other. Just as she reached the door, she heard a crash behind her.

PostSubject: Re: Eeylops Owl Emporium   10/14/2013, 12:22 pm

"I'm not sure yet. Is it a boy or a girl?"Petyr asked the shop keeper.

"It's a boy."the shopekeeper said bluntly. She then turned to the other boy.

"Aren't you going to buy a pet?"she asked him quite rudely. Petyr could feel his temper rising. He would hate to make a scene but this lady was the rudest shopkeeper he had ever met. Great thing about being a lowborn is that you can say whatever you want. But, he still had to remember his manners.

"Miss, you are being quite rude to everyone today. Now, unless you want me to report you to your boss, I suggest you act more kindly to everyone, you bawdy hag."Petyr told her, feeling a blush coming to his cheeks. He didn't mean to call her a bawdy hag. It just sorta slipped out. That seems to be that last straw for the shopkeeper because the next thing Petyr knew, he was pinned against a wall, the shopkeeper pointing her wand at him.

"How would you like it if you had to deal with highborn brats all day?! It's not fun!"she yelled. This woman's crazy.Petyr thought.
Back to top Go down
Emmanuelle Armand

PostSubject: Re: Eeylops Owl Emporium   10/14/2013, 5:32 pm

Emmanuelle turned to see what the commotion was. Clearly, the woman was insane. She'd be out on the streets for sure for this.

"This is not a gathering place for you all," she continued to shout, jabbing her wand at Petyr. "You either buy something or get out, but don't expect me to put up with you spoiled wretches!"

What Em wanted to do was rush at the shopkeeper, wand drawn, and send a hex her way. That was not ladylike, however. Instead, Emmy calmly set her things on the ground, pulled out her wand, and walked quietly to the door of the shop. The door, thankfully, was cracked open already. Em slipped her wand through the crack and shot a red spark out onto the streets.

"Madame, do not 'arm us innocents, s'il vous plaît!" she said loudly and a bit melodramatically, hiding her wand. "We 'ave done nothing wrong!"

It worked. Just as the half-crazed woman turned on Emmanuelle, a man burst into the shop with his wand out. The storekeeper immediately dropped her own wand and held her hands up; judging by the man's getup, he was a city guard.

"What is the meanin' of this, woman?" he demanded, walking swiftly over to her. "You would pull your wand on a few children?"

PostSubject: Re: Eeylops Owl Emporium   11/17/2013, 9:39 pm

Petyr was released from the spell and fell face first on the floor. Bloody hell.he thought, sitting up, a bit dazed. Rose will have a fit about this.he thought, looking at his shirt, which was covered in blood from his bleeding nose. It must be broken.he said, carefully touching it.

"Be careful laddy. I would go find your parents if I were you."the city guard said, carting the woman away. Petyr nodded and stood up.

"Well, it was lovely speaking with you two but I'm afraid I must be off. Good bye. See you anon."Petyr said, collecting his owl and dashing out of the store. He had to find Rose, his "mother".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eeylops Owl Emporium   

Back to top Go down

Eeylops Owl Emporium
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1