Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Bacon Galore!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Arya Lanister
Gryffindor: Year 3
Arya Lanister

Bacon Galore! Empty
PostSubject: Bacon Galore!   Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime6/19/2013, 00:48

Arya walked into the Great Hall (wanting very much to run to the table, she was so hungry) with Deirdre. After a delightful Flying lesson, it was finally time for lunch. Hopefully there would be mutton...or lamb stew...or potatoes. She would be fine with a plateful of potatoes. 

"When should we go to the Pitch to practice?" she asked excitedly as she sat down.

She had chosen a seat at the Ravenclaw table; Marigold would probably join them soon, or Adele. In the meantime, she could just make faces at the snooty eagles who gave the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor the stink-eye. 

"Mail should be here soon, don't you think?"

Arry scooped heaps of smashed garlic potatoes and stew onto her plate and tucked in. To her ecstatic, stupendous, wondrous delight, there was suddenly a strip of bacon on her plate. She grinned as she imagined little Jinxy below her, probably tipping platters over as clumsy as he was.

"Looks like our friends haven't forgotten about us!"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Hufflepuff: Year 2
Hufflepuff: Year 2
Deirdre McCalahan

Bacon Galore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bacon Galore!   Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime6/19/2013, 01:48

"Maybe we could go to the Pitch tomorrow. I'm not sure we'll have time to go today." Deirdre said.

She sat down beside Arya and began piling her plate with roasted duck, shepard's pie, and colcannon. She ignored the Ravenclaws that seemed to be annoyed that people from other Houses were at their table.

"Shouldn't be too much longer, at any rate. I hope my father received my letter."

Deirdre smiled as she ate. The house elves made excellent shepard's pie. It was better than the food at home and they had a decent kitchen staff. At Arya's words, Deirdre looked down at her plate and saw a few pieces bacon. Her smile widened.

"It would seem that way!" She giggled.
Back to top Go down
http://cea-robber-of-souls.deviantart.com/
Adelaine Beaumont
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Adelaine Beaumont

Bacon Galore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bacon Galore!   Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime6/28/2013, 13:19

If it had been any other Gryffindor or Hufflepuff sitting at Ravenclaw table without a Ravenclaw, Adelaine would have been surprised. But Arya and Deirdre were just the sort of people to do such a thing, and she loved them for it.

"What're we talking about?" she said, tossing her bag down and sitting across from them. "Flying? Mail? Food?"

They'd just gotten out of their flying lesson, and it was the most exciting class Adele had been to yet. She had almost forgotten how delightful soaring through the air was. And they had permission to practice! She would certainly be taking Renoir up on her offer. Speaking of which..

"Renoir spoke to me after the lesson," she confided, spooning potatoes onto her plate. "She told me she wanted to have a sort of private lesson with me in December, and that I have a good chance of making the Ravenclaw team! Why are you two grinning at your bacon?"

((OOC: Since Renoir is my character, tis kay if I godmode her.))
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Bacon Galore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bacon Galore!   Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime6/29/2013, 00:56

Marigold smiled as she laid her book down by Adele. She was just at the library, trying to find that book again. But, as she was a Ravenclaw, her curiosity got the better of her. She ended up checking out a book called The Dream Oracle, a book about the subject of divination and gypsies.

"Oh. Nothing. Just some friends that are looking out for us."she said, piling her plate with bacon. She winked at Arya and Deirdre. An owl shriek drew her attention.

The elusive Orin came swooping down, a series of letters in his hands. He landed gracefully in front of her and dropped the letters. Marigold stroked his small feathers and he flew back to the rafters.

"Well, it looks like the mails here."Marigold said, picking up the biggest letter. Before she could open it, Orin brought her a package. Marigold furrowed her brow. Five letters and a package? How odd.she thought, deciding to start with the letter from her mother.

"Dearest Marigold, I do not wish to intrude on your studies but I have some bad news. Your aunt Arabella from Oxford was murdered. As you know, unlike me, your aunt married for money instead of love. She was very wealthy and she will be missed. You were her favorite so in the package, you will find what she gave you as an inheritance. Study hard and have fun! Love, Mother."Marigold read. Her hand flew to her mouth and she tried to hold back a gasp.

"Well, my aunts been murdered."she said with a little laugh on the end,trying to cheer herself up. It wasn't working.  
Back to top Go down
Mitri Montgomery
Gryffindor: Year 2
Gryffindor: Year 2
Mitri Montgomery

Bacon Galore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bacon Galore!   Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime6/30/2013, 23:04

Mitri skipped her way down the hall, a trail of papers in her wake. Hopefully they weren't too important. The Great Hall was her goal, and she had yet to have an incident preventing her from getting there! Knowing Mitri though, anything could happen.

Mitri arrived in the Great Hall without incident (besides the papers, and accidentally stepping on a few peoples' robes, it was only a small catastrophe) and plopped herself down beside Adele. It seemed she had come at an odd moment...

Mitri was never good with words, or walking, or running, or much anything! So what was she supposed to say to Marigold's shocking news?

"Marigold, that's terrible! Eat some bacon! It cures everything," Mitri said, awkwardly shoving bacon in the poor girl's face.

Awkward as always, Mitri then began to whistle softly to herself while swinging her legs. Athena flew over to her and dropped off a package. Knowing it was probably her mother's charred sweets, Mitri hid the package from sight, it was embarrassing! Wasn't this meal just going splendidly?
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

Bacon Galore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bacon Galore!   Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime7/2/2013, 22:49

Arya stopped mid-chomp (bacon, of course) when Marigold broke the news. Murdered? That wasn't something you heard everyday at the lunch table..

"Does it say why?" she pushed, trying to ignore Mitri shoving bacon in the poor girl's face. "You don't seem very surprised..."

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, unsure of what to say. One of the many 'lovely' qualities she received from her parents was a lack of expressing one's feelings. Her mother wasn't the nurturing type, and her father (as kind as he was) was never much for comforting people either.

"I'm sure it, um... Well you...Uh..." She trailed off and continued munching on her fifth piece of bacon, staring down at her plate.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Bacon Galore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bacon Galore!   Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime7/4/2013, 15:19

Marigold smiled at her friends attempts to cheer her up. She gladly took the bacon from Mitri and nibbled on it a little.

"I didn't say why. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to dampen the mood. Let's forget about it. I shouldn't have said anything. So, what do you think of our first flying lesson? I think that it was quite exciting."Marigold said, eating her food and staring blankly through the windows. She really shouldn't have said anything. It was personal business. She did eye the package from time to time. It was a big package. But, who were the other letters from? She scratched her head, puzzled. They didn't have return addresses or anything. How odd.she thought, picking one up and turning over in her hand. She decided to leave it be and stuff the letters in her pockets.

Just then, everyone's plate became loaded with bacon and other delicious things. Marigold laughed. Fane and the house elves wanted her to be happy. In fact, she felt a tug on her dress. She looked under the table. It was Fane! She got on the floor and Fane gave her a hug. Marigold hugged his small frame back.

"No being sad. People come and people go. But, the memories they give you last forever. Old house elf saying."Fane said in his squeaky voice. Marigold nodded.

"Thank you Fane."she said. Fane smiled and snapped his fingers. He was gone. Marigold got back on the bench and looked at everyone's plate. She smiled. Tons of fresh fruit, freshly baked bread, and just cooked bacon was on her plate.

"Well, it looks like our friends wanted me to be happier. Bacon anyone?"Marigold said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bacon Galore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bacon Galore!   Bacon Galore! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bacon Galore!
Page 1 of 1