Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Clean It Up! (Detention)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Renoir
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Professor Renoir

Clean It Up! (Detention) Empty
PostSubject: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime5/23/2013, 11:51

Marguerite Renoir smiled maliciously when she entered the now empty, still disgusting Great Hall. The four troublemakers could not come soon enough; she simply couldn’t wait to see the looks on their faces. As she walked toward the High Table, she took care to step over boiled eggs, bacon, and other foods that were splattered on the floor.

Good morn, Alyn,” she greeted the very grumpy looking caretaker, Alyn Waters. “You’ll be pleased to know you won’t have to clean this mess up.

That put a smile on the old man’s face. Couldn't do much else, seeing as he was mute. Long story short, he was once a bard and sang a very unflattering song about a lord and lady. Finally, Renoir heard little footsteps approaching the Hall.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Slytherin: Year 3
Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime5/23/2013, 12:20

Kolby wasn't expecting to be the first one there. He at least thought that the girls would have been there before him. They were all punctual but Kolby was still the first one. If they think that I'm gonna clean this on my own, they have another thing coming.he thought walking up to the professor.

His honesty in the Headmistress' office did weaken the punishment a little but none of his classmates appreciated it. Kolby rubbed his arms. He was never given much attention as a child, which is why he pulled pranks in the first place. For the attention. For the glory. For the recognition. Sure, he was sent away to his uncle's to be a squire and then later to Hogwarts because he was a trouble maker. But, could he help? Maybe. But, at least he showed that he did have morals. And standards. And a bit of manners.

"Hi Professor. I'm ready to work."he said to Professor Renior. He didn't know why he was feeling so out of character today.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime5/23/2013, 12:28

The very last thing Adelaine wanted to do this morning was to go back to the scene of the crime. At least the Headmistress had given them an hour free before detention. That gave Adele time to clean the crud from her hair and change into fresh robes. Though, she was probably only going to get them dirty again. It was clear that their punishment was to clean up their mess, which she thought more than fair.

"Hello, Professor," she said politely, not noticing Kolby. "Oh, Kolby. Yeah, hi."

She nodded and smiled weakly at the old, mute caretaker. The sooner they got this over with, the better.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Hufflepuff: Year 2
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime5/30/2013, 00:31

Deirdre entered the Great Hall with a look of disgust. She had never seen such a mess in all her life! Even her cousins couldn't cause this disaster. And now they were expected to clean all of it themselves.

"Hello, Professor, Adele," she paused and glared at the Slytherin boy. "Kolby."

He may have told the truth about what happened but she was still angry at him. After all, he had started this whole mess.

((Sorry it's not very long. I couldn't think of much to say.))
Back to top Go down
http://cea-robber-of-souls.deviantart.com/
Professor Renoir
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Professor Renoir

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime5/30/2013, 00:44

"Well then, I suppose Lady Murray has decided not to join us," Renoir commented airily. "Not to worry, she'll just stay late."

Marguerite did not hold with tardiness. Nadia Murray would be staying as late as the amount of time it took for her to arrive. With any luck, the girl would be at least an hour late.

"You all know why you're here," she wrinkled her nose a bit as the smell of rotting food reached her. "You will not leave this Hall until every speck of food is gone."

It was a Saturday, so it wasn't like they had anywhere else to be. She waved her wand and four large buckets of soapy water, four sweeping brooms, about ten rags, and some sacks for trash appeared. These kids had it easy. The buckets would refill themselves, the rags seemed to swallow dirt and grime so that they were always clean, and the four trash sacks would follow each student around.

"Get to work," she said, leaving the caretaker in charge and walking out of the Hall.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime5/30/2013, 00:55

Kolby watched as Professor Renoir left, leaving him alone with the two girls. Ugh. Nadia. You're gonna loose us some points.he thought, grabbing a bucket and a rag.

"Well, I guess we can do our house's tables. Nadia can do Slytherins and I'll take Gryffindors. Is that alright with you two?"he told the girls. He took a trash bag with him and walked to the Gryffindor table.

He started with the table. He put table upright, as the Gryffindors were smart to use them as shields. Then, he wiped all the tables and stools down, putting the food in the floor. He rather clean it off the floor where he can sweep it into the trash bag than off the tables where he would have to touch the disgusting food.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime5/30/2013, 01:03

Adele sighed and looked around. Just the three of them and the old caretaker, who sat in the Head seat at the High Table. He seemed cheery. Of course he would, he gets to sit and watch as other people do his job.

"Very well then," she responded to Kolby's idea. "I'll get to work on Ravenclaw's."

She picked up one of the rags and a bucket. She only had to touch the trash sack and it hopped around behind her. As she wiped porridge off the bench, Adele realized that it disappeared into the rag.

"Well, that makes it easier," she muttered to herself as she tossed a scrap of toast into the magic sack.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/1/2013, 01:13

Deirdre followed Adele's example, taking a rag, a pail, and one of the sacks with her to the Hufflepuff table. She made a disgusted face when her hand landed in some porridge that hadn't crusted over yet. Thankfully, these rags seemed to completely soak in everything so she cleaned her hand with it.

If Mother knew I had to clean this mess, she would be furious with me. I do so hope that the Headmistress doesn't tell her. It was horrid enough telling her what House I was Sorted to.

Deirdre tossed a few pieces of toast and some bacon into the sack. Looking down the long tables and at the floor, she could tell it was going to take a while before they finished it all.
Back to top Go down
Nadia Murray
Slytherin: Year 2
Nadia Murray

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/6/2013, 23:46

Nadia rushed into the Great Hall looking frazzled. Her normally perfectly coiffed hair now resembled the head of a muggle mop. Her robes were soaked, water dripping onto the floor. Forty-five minutes and looking worse for wear, today was not a good day for Nadia Murray.

"I apologize for my tardiness, some unfortunate event prevented me from arriving on time. Could someone please direct me to where I need to begin cleaning up?" Nadia asked her fellow detention-attenders kindly.

Having had such a terrible day, Nadia simply did not have it in her to be cruel to those who were suffering alongside her. She would just have to be extra cruel tomorrow. Bending over, Nadia picked up a piece of bacon in disgust. How anyone could eat such a vile thing was a mystery to her.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/7/2013, 23:59

Nadia finally arrived, a good half hour or more after she was supposed to. This thrilled Adele, so she took it upon herself to bring the snake up to speed.

"You're looking well today, Nadia," she grinned, then turned toward the cleaning supplies. "You'll need a trash sack, a bucket, a broom, and a rag. You've got the Slytherin table..Oh, and you'll be staying 45 minutes longer than the rest of us. Renoir's orders."

Adelaine brushed the hair out of her face. She considered redoing the braid, but her hands were far too grimy. They had been cleaning in silence for almost an hour, and the place still looked like the kitchens exploded. Adele had to think of something to liven things up or she'd faint from boredom. She threw some toast into her sack and moseyed over to Deirdre.

"I've an idea," she whispered, a mischievous grin spreading on her face. "Why don't you set your sack on Nadia?"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/9/2013, 21:22

Deirdre rolled her eyes as Nadia finally arrived nearly an hour after the rest of them looking like she had gone for a swim in the lake with her robes on. She hadn't expected the other girl to show up at all.

Deirdre listened intently to her friend's plan with a smile growing on her face. She bounced up and down, giggling like mad. "You're brilliant! It's no wonder you're Ravenclaw!" she whispered to Adele.

She whispered to the sack what she wanted it to do then watched as it set on its way to the Slytherin table. She pretended to be unaware, wiping up some pumpkin juice from a bench. Looking back up, Deirdre watched her trash sack as it dumped it's contents on Nadia's head.

A very loud laugh escaped her throat before she could stop herself. Uh-oh!
Back to top Go down
Nadia Murray
Nadia Murray

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/9/2013, 21:57

Nadia quickly gathered the supplies she needed to clean the mess. She sighed in annoyance at having to stay longer. Maybe it was for the best though, it would mean more time to not be in her room, where several howlers lay in wait. Father wasn't happy when another Slytherin had owled him about the incident that landed her here in detention.

Nadia was scrubbing some pumpkin pie off of one of the Slytherin benches when the trash hit. Treacle tart snaked into Nadia's robes, covering her back. Nadia's hair was covered in mince pie, and all Nadia heard through her anger was a laugh.

Turning around slowly to look at her peers, Nadia tried not to let her feelings show. She was nice to the lot for once, and how do they reply? They trash her. How very mature. Nadia didn't know what was worse, the anger or the sadness. Contrary to popular belief, the Slytherin did have feelings, but it was people like this that made her defend herself with cruel words and actions.

Nadia raised her wand and attempted to speak, but no words would escape her lips. With a sigh, Nadia cast the Scouring charm on herself trying to collect what little dignity they left her with. It couldn't rid her off all the trash, but helped a little.

"I will not partake in your petty ploys. I do wish however, that those responsible, and I have a good idea who they are, would grow up. This is not primary, if you would spare me the childish games, I'm sure this detention would go by much faster."
Nadia said, returning to cleaning the Slytherin table.

No matter how hard she tried, it seemed Nadia would never be accepted by her peers. Nadia quickly wiped away a tear when no one was looking, Murray's didn't cry.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/9/2013, 23:07

Adelaine stared in astonishment at Nadia’s outburst. What was wrong with her today? The Slytherin would usually jump at the chance to show up another schoolmate in a duel, or a trash fight. Adele glanced over to the mute caretaker; he had fallen asleep in the Headmistress’s chair.

Terribly sorry, Nadia,” she half-sincerely apologized. “That was immature of us.

Half an hour later, Adele swept up her final slice of bacon and breathed a huge sigh of relief. Ravenclaw table was finally clean. She set her things where she had gotten them, and hugged her trash sack. Normally this would disgust her, but it was the cutest thing. She had been whispering to it the whole hour and a half, telling it secrets, etc. It was a very excitable bag. They'd even made plans to hang out. Adelaine promised it that she would visit it's closet whenever she had time.

Deirdre, shall we go to the lake?” she asked when her new friend finished. “I’ll wait for you in the Entrance Hall.

She looked up at the ceiling; it was a sunny, clear day. Adele practically ran out the door; she'd had enough of this hall.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/10/2013, 00:30

Deirdre didn't reply to the girl's outburst. She found it a bit shocking that someone who would normally react with magic would instead turn to harsh words. She was expecting some sort of hex or something.

A half hour later she was almost done. A few eggs and sausages were tossed into the sack. It had been hard work, but at least it was just about over.

"I'd love to! I'll be there in a moment." she replied.

She tossed a crushed apple into her sack. She waved goodbye to it as she left. It waved back with its ties. It had been very polite, following just behind her the whole time, opening wider for platters of food that had been stomped on when a few students stood on the tables.

She caught up with the other girl in the Entrance Hall. "Let's go!" she exclaimed, excited to just spend time with a friend.
Back to top Go down
Nadia Murray
Nadia Murray

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/11/2013, 20:23

Nadia rolled her eyes at Adele's pathetic excuse for an apology, and the Hufflepuff's disregard for apologizing whatsoever. They certainly could learn a thing or two about etiquette. Running out with out any thought to the other students was typical of the pair. Maybe one day they would seemingly act their ages.

"Lullay lullow, lullay lully,
Beway bewy, lullay lullow,
Lullay lully,
Baw me bairne, sleep softly now.

I saw a sweet and seemly sight,
A blissful burd, a blossom bright,
That morning made and mirth among..."
Nadia sung silently to herself as the others left. The lullaby made her melancholy, longing for a home she never had. One with warmth and love, not anger and disappointment,

Hopefully this extra forty-five minutes would pass quickly and quietly, today had been awful to Nadia, and she just wanted to crawl in to bed and hide from the world.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/16/2013, 16:25

Kolby payed no attention to the girls. He knew that if her tuned out the world that everything would go much faster. He was right to clean off the table first and sweep everything into the floor. It was much easier for his bag to lay on it's side and take a nap as he swept the pieces of toast and eggs into it. After he was done sweeping, he wiped down the table again, scrubbing up dried up oatmeal and liquids. He wiped his brow and looked at his table, a smile on his face. It almost sparkled. Adele and Deirdre were gone and he looked at Nadia. He sighed and picked up his supplies. He ate at that table too. 

"Mind if I help?"he asked, using the same system as before to help with the Slytherin table.
Back to top Go down
Nadia Murray
Nadia Murray

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime6/28/2013, 00:51

Nadia's eyebrow lifted of its own accord in surprise. Kolby was acting quite peculiar. Perhaps his head had been subjected to food projectiles too many times today. Maybe he should visit the nurse? After much musing, Nadia decided to voice her thoughts.

"Kolby, do you feel unwell? You've been acting awfully out of character ever since the food fight. I suggest you visit the nurse at once! I can clean this myself, I'm not incapable of such things, you know."

Nadia glanced at Kolby's head, looking for a sign of a knot. It might have been the lighting, but Nadia believed his cheeks might be flushed. Returning to her cleaning, Nadia could only hope the boy would take her advice. She didn't want to be blamed if his mental stability became worse.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime7/1/2013, 00:04

Kolby slammed down his rag and glared at Nadia. He has had enough.He walked right up to Nadia until they were face to face.

"Look here you bawdy halfwit puterelle. I'm trying to be a gentleman and help you clean up so this detention can be over. I'm ready to go the bathing room and take a nice long bath. I'm not sick. I'm genuinely trying to help you. I realized how immature I'm acting and I'm trying to correct my behavior. I'm sorry, but, since you want to, I'll let you clean it by yourself."Kolby said, picking up his garage bag. He let all the things he's picked up from the Slytherin table be dumped back onto the table. He then dropped his supplies off with the janitor and started to leave.

"Have a nice day Nadia."he said, leaving the Great Hall. He was sick of her attitude. Kolby did feel his head though. A small knot. But, he was hard headed. It'll be gone in a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
Nadia Murray
Nadia Murray

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime7/3/2013, 23:27

Nadia watched Kolby storm out of the Great Hall, her mouth agape. What had just happened? She was merely worried for his well being! With a moment's hesitation, Nadia knew what she had to do. She threw down her supplies and raced after Kolby, consequences be damned.

There was enough tension in the Slytherin House that she did not wish to contribute to even more. Kolby and Nadia needed to get over whatever differences they might have. Which seemed to be a lot.

"Kolby! I wasn't trying to insult you, I was actually concerned for your health. I know you and I haven't gotten along in the past, but can't we move past that? I am willing to if you are. What do you say?" Nadia asked, hesitantly extending her hand.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime7/4/2013, 00:49

"The damage has been done Nadia."Kolby said grimly, turning back to her. He was in a dark and scary place. He really didn't feel like playing nice. Besides, how can he tell if she was serious or not? He thought of one way.

He spread his arms. "If you really want to have a truce, don't hex, jinx, or use a spell on me. But, here I am Nadia."he said. He took out his wand and dropped it on the ground. "I'm defenseless. I can't hurt you. So, the real question is. Are you gonna hurt me or not?"

"Come on. You know you want to."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clean It Up! (Detention)   Clean It Up! (Detention) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clean It Up! (Detention)
Page 1 of 1