Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
To the Wall!  Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
To the Wall!  Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
To the Wall!  Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
To the Wall!  Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
To the Wall!  Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
To the Wall!  Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
To the Wall!  Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
To the Wall!  Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
To the Wall!  Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
To the Wall!  Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

To the Wall!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marigold Belet
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Marigold Belet

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime12/8/2014, 01:58

Marigold was actually home for a week. Robert was greeted happily by Lord de Hattes, because his wife was about to give birth again. So, Robert being a healer had it's perks. Marigold stepped through the fireplace and ran and hugged her parents.

"I'm so glad you're safe," her mother, Juliana, greeted happily. Robert was discussing things with Lord de Hattes, while Marigold and her parents caught up with each other. They've been cut off from each other for two weeks. They were terrified. Robert came over and smiled.

"Well, Marigold, you're going to resume some of your duties here, as a servant girl, but you'll be my personal servant as well, so I can send you on 'errands'. We should only be here a couple of days," Robert informed. Marigold nodded and turned to her mother. She needed her old clothes.

Marigold straightened Robert's books and desk as he sat in his chair, listening to Lady de Hattes. She was back in her servant clothes: a plain brown dress, white apron, and white bonnet. Robert helped Lady de Hattes stand up and she left with a potion to help the discomfort she was feeling.

"Marigold, I have a letter for you to deliver to Goodman Lannister. He lives outside the walls, on a little farm. Make haste but be careful," Robert told her.

"Yes, m'lord," she said, dipping her head a bit. She grabbed her basket and tucked the letter under some rolls of bread, so no one would find her suspicious. Besides, they might appreciate the bread, she thought.

She smiled as she walked through the city. It was a long walk, but she didn't mind. She enjoyed the hustle and bustle of Norwich. She walked down Prince of Wales Rd then, began down Mountergate Rd, passing the cathedral, where a wedding was taking place. She paused and watched for a moment, then continued to the gate. They checked her basket (luckily, not to closely) and let her on her way. She started down Bishop Rd, towards St. James Hill. Most farms laid on the other side of the hill. She got to the top and smiled, seeing the vast farm land, with house dotted in between.

She noticed that Arya and Asher were practically neighbors. Maybe I can see him later, she thought, going up the small dirt lane to her house. She knocked on the door and she smiled at the person that answered.

"Hi!" she exclaimed ecstatically.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Gryffindor: Year 3
Arya Lanister

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime12/12/2014, 19:47

((OOC: it feels so good to post as Arya again, I might cry.))

Arya sat by the small fire and stirred the porridge as her mother had instructed. With a sigh, she figured it was better than working the fields; especially on a hot day like this one.

When you’re done with that, go gather firewood,” Eleanor piped, grumpy as usual. “I’m out to deliver barley to Trent.

This was only the Lannister family’s second week living in Mousehold Heath (a very unappealing name, by the way) and they already hated it. Yeoman Hamish Trent was more maniacal than Victoria Pantoul, and his sons were no better. In fact, neither were his daughters. The worst part was, Trent was one of the richest franklins/yeomen in the Norwich area, he was practically on the same level as Lord de Hattes. Arya had yet to be introduced to all the families working Trent’s yardland (thirty acres), but she did know that Asher was directly next to her three acres. And some grubby kid named Erick was to the other side of her.

If I have to have one more bowl of gruel,” she muttered threateningly to the pot, missing Hogwarts meals. A rapid knock on the door stopped her from flipping the pot over. “I swear, it better not be Truman….” She rolled her eyes and pictured the eldest of the Trent boys, smirking and kicking dirt at her. Swinging the door open, she had to blink for a moment before she realized what she was seeing. “Marigold?! Bloody hell!

With a grin, she pulled the girl into a hug, thrilled at seeing her. “I forgot you lived in Norwich! What’re you doing here? Excuse my attire,” she smiled, brushing off her dusty plow dress.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime12/13/2014, 01:13

Marigold laughed as she hugged Arya. She was worried about her clothes?

"Girl, you do not need to impress me," Marigold said, gesturing to her peasant attire, with a laugh. She let herself in and looked around the small cottage. It looked a lot like Marigold's home. Then again, most peasant houses looked the same.

"I'm here to drop off some bread from Lord de Hattes," she said, about to set the basket on the table. She hoped she wasn't intruding on anything.

"So, how has you're summer been? I'm sorry I haven't been able to write you. Alys has kept me busy with my studies," she asked, looking at the herbs hanging in front of the window.

"Thyme, mint, sage, and rosemary," she named. Just then, Arya's father, Hadrian, entered, dripping in sweat and exhausted from a hard day of work. He jumped in surprised of seeing Marigold but then smiled happily. Marigold smiled.

"Hello. This is a gift from Lord de Hattes," Marigold said quickly, gesturing to the basket on the table. She blinked three times, letting him know that the letter was in the basket. He smiled and took it.

"Thank you. That's very kind of him," Hadrian said happily, taking a bite out of one of the rolls. Marigold smiled.

"Arya, have you gathered firewood yet? Mother will be mad if you haven't," her asked with a laugh. Marigold could see that he was very kind and lighthearted, although he looked exhausted and tired from a long days hard work.

"I'll go with you. It'll make it easier and I'm happy to help," Marigold said, heading for the door, hoping Arya would follow.

((OOC: I want to have to post where we go get Asher. I've thought of something funny.))
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime12/13/2014, 01:32

Arya studied Marigold curiously. Everyone in the group so far seemed to have changed over the holidays. Everyone but Arya. Well, that wasn’t totally true; she was a bit feistier these days (which was really saying something) having to deal with the Trents. But it was sort of balanced out by having Asher next door.

Having a rough day?” she asked her father with a hug, watching Marigold walk down a pathway outside.

Nothing a good rest won’t cure,” he said cheerfully, sending her on her way.

She ran up to Marigold and tugged on her sleeve to stop her in her tracks. “You’re going the wrong way, y’know,” she laughed. “The woods are that way, behind my house. You can’t miss ‘em.

They turned and walked to the forest, passing sheep along the way. Arya hopped over the hedge that surrounded the woods (to keep deer out of the crops) and kept a steady pace. Her parents wouldn’t allow her to go too deep in, but luckily there was plenty of wood today at the front. Once they’d each gotten an armful, they headed back.

I suppose you’ll want to see Ash, right?” Arya smirked knowingly. “He’s an acre away from my house. I have to warn you, though – he’s different lately. A couple of the older Trent boys have been giving him a hard time. Me too, actually.

((OOC: The Trent boys are like a family of Dracos. Truman is the oldest, 15. I haven’t decided how many there are, so go nuts.))
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime12/14/2014, 01:14

Marigold furrowed her brow. Asher didn't seem different when they were in Hogsmeade to explore the cave again. But, maybe something happened. They dropped off the firewood and walked to Asher's modest house. Marigold knocked on the door and a little five year old, whom Marigold assumed was Pike, peaked his head out. He looked between Marigold and Arya and smiled.

"Asher! You're beloved is here!" Pike yelled back to his older brother. Marigold laughed as he was referring to Arya.

"Pike! What are you.....Marigold!" Asher exclaimed, coming to the door. He had a two year old, who, if Marigold remembered correctly, was named Quill, crawling all over him and Pike was hanging off his arm. Marigold giggled and blushed. This must have been why the Trent boys would be giving him a hard time. He was basically the mom in his house since his mother died.

"Ummmm, I didn't know you were in town," he said, passing Pike Quill and closing the door behind him.

"I missed home. I came back from Germany early," Marigold explained, shooting Asher a look, meaning "Keep your mouth shut. This is our little secret." Asher seemed to understand. Marigold laughed when some of his brothers were making kissy faces at them from the window.

"Forest! Falcon!" Asher called to them. They giggled and ran to another part of the house. Asher sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "They're going to be the death of me," he said. Marigold smiled.

"So, do you want to come with us to the woods? A quick adventure?" Marigold asked. She could tell that he needed a break. He looked back to the house. Then, he opened the door.

"Dad! I'm going out with some friends. Cannon, finish dinner," he called. Two voices called back to him and he smiled, shutting the door.

"Alright. Let's go," he said as they started to head to the woods.

"How's your dad?" Marigold asked as they approached the hedge.

"He's in bad shape, but he's getting better. He just works all the time," he said, as he helped the girls over the hedge and into the woods.

"Reviers!" Truman Trent called out as they entered the woods. Asher rolled his eyes and turned to Truman, to see his three brothers backing him up.

"Shouldn't you be home, cooking dinner, like your mom used to?" Truman stabbed. Marigold felt her anger boiling.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime12/14/2014, 03:53

((OOC: just for reference, glass windows were only used by the churches and castles, etc. Peasants would just have shutters. I know you didn’t say glass, I’m just saying. P.S., Weasel is an Arya/Game of Thrones reference.))

Arya smiled pityingly at Asher; she could tell he was also having a rough day. When Falcon and Forest made faces at her through the window, she stuck her tongue out and closed the shutters. The trio then headed to the woods for a quick walk. Unfortunately, it wasn’t as peaceful as it had been earlier.

Shouldn’t you boys be helping your sisters with their sewing?” Asher retorted.

All four Trent boys had decided to gang up on them. Truman, 16; Roger, 14; Martin, 12 (who was Sara’s twin, they were quite a fierce pair); and Rich, 11. They were not a pleasant sight. Arya could tell Marigold was upset by Truman’s nasty comment, but these boys couldn’t know that they were magic. She tugged on the girl’s sleeve and hoped Marigold could somehow read her mind. Martin and Roger sauntered over and pushed Arry back and forth between them a couple of times.

Where’s papa today, Weasel?” Roger sneered, clamping an arm around her shoulders.

Probably being hit with a rod by your mum, right?” Martin laughed.

Aye, you four could use a rod up your –” she started to say.

Just leave us be,” Asher interrupted, saving her from a world of pain.

I don’t think we will,” Truman said, eyes narrowed. He turned to Marigold. “Who’s your little friend? Come to be your new mommy, Ash?

((OOC: they have three sisters.))
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime12/26/2014, 01:00

Keep quiet. Keep quiet. Keep quiet, Marigold chanted over and over again in her head to keep from getting her friends in trouble. So, she stayed quiet. 

"What's your name?" Truman asked. She stood there like a bump on a log, not moving, not saying a word. She kept clenching her hands in her dress and glancing at Asher, who looked like he was ready to pounce.

"Marigold," she replied, not bothering to give him her last name. Truman smiled. 

"Pretty name," he said, nonchalantly. What game is he playing at? she thought. But, she felt a hand grabbed her bonnet and pull it from her head. She turned to see Rich laughing and running into the woods with her bonnet. Her brownish red locks hung to the small of her back.

"Pretty hair," Truman said, running his hand through her hair. Marigold turned away from him and Asher put himself between Truman and herself. 

"Why can't you just leave us alone for a day? Our lives are miserable enough," Asher said as Marigold pulled her hair in a bun. A rustling in the woods made of them stop and turn around. Rich was lifted off the ground. Marigold smiled. Robert, in his full mercenary gear, had him by the nape of his shirt and was carrying him out of the woods. 

"I believe he belongs to you," Robert said, setting Rich down. Truman took a step back and looked at Robert. "I'm looking for the Trent family. I believe they have gotten on someone's bad side and I'm here to collect. Have you seen them?" Robert said, putting his hand on his sword. The Trent boys took off and disappeared around the bend, terrified. Marigold smiled and hugged Robert. 

"That was awesome," Marigold said happily, bouncing up and down in excitement. 

"Well, I had to come check on you. You were gone too long," Robert said, handing her the bonnet. Marigold dusted it off and put her hair in the bonnet. 

"So, you're gonna take her away again?" Asher asked sadly. 

"Well, son, I'm gonna take her back to the de Hattes. She has work to do," Robert explained. Marigold grimaced at the thought at all the work she had to catch up on. Then, she had an idea. 

"You two should come to the party tomorrow!" Marigold said happily. Asher and Robert both jumped at her sudden excitedness. 

"I don't know Marigold. We have a lot of work to do tomorrow," Asher said, looking at the sun. It was on the horizon, suggesting the end of the work day. Marigold looked at Robert and they had a stare down for a second. Then, Robert sighed.

"We'll talk about it. Now, come on. Let's get going," Robert commanded, taking her by the arm. 

"I'll see you two tomorrow!" Marigold said as Robert took her away.

(OOC: Marigold's not partcipating in the party. She's serving the de Hattes and the other nobles so she'll have to sneak them in in disguises.)
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime12/30/2014, 02:25

*The Next Night*

Arya tiptoed outside, quiet as a mouse, and walked over to the small pond behind their cottage. The moon was shining bright, so she could see her reflection pretty well. She combed her fingers through her hair, quickly braiding it, and flipped her hood over her head.

Ready?” a voice behind her asked.

Bloody hell!” she whisper-shouted, jumping with a start. “Ash, don’t creep up on me like that, we’re trying to be secretive!

Sorry, sorry,” he laughed. “Let’s go, Marigold will be waiting for us.

With a nod, Arya followed Asher through the fields, shushing the animals who noticed them. Not that it worked; a horse will whinny no matter what you say to it…it’s a horse.

I don’t like this,” she muttered, matching Asher’s quick pace. “The Trent boys are up at all hours causing mischief.

We’re almost there, then she’ll do her shadow spell,” Ash assured her, though he looked a bit anxious himself.

Finally, they reached the bottom of the hill, where a small (and very random) stone bench stood. Marigold should have been there by now, but there was no one in sight. Suddenly, Arya felt a tap on her shoulder, but still couldn’t see anyone.

Is that you, Marigold?” Asher questioned, looking around.

Well, if there’s another invisible wizard here, we’re in trouble,” Arya rolled her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime12/30/2014, 19:39

"Yes. It's me. Now, shush," she said, digging around in her invisible sack. She quickly said the counter spell and was visible again. Asher jumped when she appeared right in between them.

"Alright. Asher, this should fit you. You'll be Ser Asher now," she said, handing him his knight costume. He looked at it, a bit confused on how to put it on.

"Aren't I bit young to be a knight?" he asked, looking at the chest piece, which had the Cosin family sigil on it.

"I've met knights that aren't much older than you. Maybe by a year or two but not much older," she said. She looked at Arya. She a semi-fancy dress and jewelry for her to wear, but it was at the manor.

"Arya, you'll be Elsa's sister," she said, thinking of a position she could put Arya in.

"Woah, wait, Elsa's here?" Asher asked, as Marigold tightened the straps on the chest piece.

"Gavin's here too and Elsa's father is their steward so she tagged along," she said as he got changed. She looked towards the city and knew that they would be closing the gates soon. Asher laced up his boots and put on the helmet.

"We're ready. Stay really still you two," she said, pulling out her wand. She closed her eyes and focused. She focused on herself and Asher and Arya and on how much space they took up.

"Invisibilium. Invictus. Transierent,"she chanted about three times. She looked up and they were all invisible. She smiled and pocketed her wand.

"Alright. To the wall. Let's go," she said as they started towards the city. They easily snuck past the guards and soon they were at the back door of the de Hattes manor. Robert opened the door and let them in. Marigold discontinued the spell and they all became visible. She sat down and held her head, feeling slightly light headed.

"Asher, you're with me. Marigold, get Arya ready and then drop her off with the Lydale's," he said, taking Asher by the arm and leading him to the Great Hall. Marigold nodded and escorted Arya to Elsa's room.

"Sister!" Elsa said happily, wrapping her arms around Arya's neck. Marigold laughed. She was in character.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime1/12/2015, 21:54

Being invisible was a weird feeling. Actually, it felt no different than being visible. Just the thought of walking right past someone without detection...weird.

"Gavin's here?" she asked, eyes wide. Suddenly, she was very aware of her appearance. She felt her face reddening. "You do have a brush or something, right? My hair probably looks like I was dragged backward through a thorn bush."

"Never heard that one before," Asher laughed, and she punched him lightly in the arm.

Before long, they were in the manor and Elsa had ambushed Arya, pulling her into a hug.

"Bloody hell," Arry exclaimed, grinning.

"Good to see you too," Elsa smiled, shaking her head. "Here, I have a dress for you. And I'll redo your hair."

I knew it looked bad, Arry thought with a sigh. That's the last time I trust a pond reflection. Elsa laid the gown out on the bed and Arya studied it. It was finer than anything she'd ever owned, but not as nice as something a noble would own. It was forest green with white undersleeves, and belted at the waist with a silver chain. There was also a plain but elegant silver locket for her to wear.

"Ready to go?" Elsa asked once she'd dressed and rebraided her hair.

"I suppose," Arya shrugged, nervous. "Lead the way, Marigold."
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime1/19/2015, 22:56

Marigold had taken a break and drank a glass of water while Elsa got Arya ready. She was light headed and felt dehydrated. That was more difficult than I thought it would be, she thought, splashing water on her face.

"Are you okay? You look pale," Elsa asked, a bit concerned.

"I'm fine. Just used a bit too much magic," she said, drinking another glass of water. She then smiled and opened the door for Elsa and Arya.

"Lord Lydale," Marigold said, approaching Gavin in the hallway. Gavin turned around and smiled at her, giving her a hug. But, he froze when he saw Arya was there too.

"I present Elsa and Arya Nedler," Marigold said happily.

"We'll leave you two alone," Elsa said, as her and Marigold left to go to the party.

It was a wild party, like all de Hattes parties were. Young ladies, young lords, and knights were dancing and the older ones were feasting, clapping along to the joyful music. Elsa immediately went to the dance floor, while Marigold was handed a platter of food for Robert, who was sitting very closed to Lord de Hattes. They were laughing and having a grand ol' time. Asher smiled at the comments they made.

"Oh. Thank you Marigold," Robert said cheerfully, being a bit tipsy on the wine. Or, at least acting tipsy. Marigold knew that he was always sharp as a tact. She nodded and stood along the back wall with Asher.

"You can go dance you know. There's a lot of wall flowers here," she commented.

"I know. I just wanna be with you right now," he said, looking at her. Marigold blushed and they got to talking about what Marigold missed while she was bouncing around with Robert.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 00:24

((OOC: Okay, I have no idea what the children of a Lord Steward would be called, soooo...just gonna make it up.))

After a moment of awkward silence, Gavin finally bowed and smiled.

"You look lovely, Arya Nedler," he said with a grin.

"Well thank you, m'lord," she blushed, rolling her eyes. "Be a gent and escort me to the great hall?"

He grinned again and held out his arm. With a chuckle, she took it, and they headed to the party. Tonight, Arya was going to put away all her troubles and just have fun; she was going to know what it was like to be treated with respect, and be looked at as more than a lowly peasant with dirt on her face.

"So, how come you never told me you and Elsa were sisters?" Gavin chided.

"Shut up, Lydale," she laughed, elbowing him in the side. "You're going to have to be my guide for the night. I don't quite know how to behave around all these highborns; are you up for the task?"

"For you? Always!"

They entered the great hall and she took a deep breath, putting on her best confident smile. She quickly let go of Gavin's arm, and followed him closely. He sauntered over to a couple of teenage boys, one tall and lanky, the other short and stocky.

"I'd like to introduce the maiden Arya Nedler, daughter of the Lord Steward of my house," he said to the two young men, and she curtsied as they bowed. "Arya, these are the heirs of House Tristain and House Ardale."

"Pleased to meet you, my lords," she smiled politely, trying to sound as ladylike as possible.

"And you, lovely maiden," the lanky one said. "I am Erin Tristain, and this is my cousin Roger."

Roger didn't speak, he just nodded curtly and looked at the ground. Arya raised an eyebrow and shook it off, smiling yet again and glancing around for Marigold.

"I've see you around Hogwarts," Erin noted. "I wasn't aware Elsa Nedler had a sister."

"Hm? Oh, well, uh," she mumbled, thinking fast.

"Never fear," he said with a laugh. "Your secret is safe with me. As well as Asher's. I'm a fourth year Hufflepuff. Roger is a second year Slytherin."

Last edited by Arya Lannister on 1/24/2015, 01:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime1/24/2015, 00:09

"And, then, we flew over the Black Forest and it was amazing," Marigold wrapped up her story. Asher laughed and smiled. They were having a grand ol' time, just standing by the wall and talking. Then, something out of the ordinary happen.

"Would you like to dance, Ser Asher?" Victoria said. Marigold was very confused why Victoria was even there. She lived very far away.

"Victoria?" Asher asked. They hadn't seen her in a while. I think it's been since we kicked her out of Templar, Marigold thought. But, it was very odd that she would even ask Asher. It was socially awkward for the girl to ask the guy.

"Come dance with me," Victoria insisted, pulling him on the dance floor. Marigold just smiled and let him go. She took a pitcher from a table in the corner and refilled Robert's drink.

"Is your bag packed?" he asked her. She stopped and stared at him for a moment, in shock he would even ask it.

"Always," she reminded. He then smile and raised his glass towards the window. In the corner of the window, a dark shadow disappeared.

"It could be a bird,"Marigold suggested. The corners of his mouth twitched and Marigold sighed. They just got here a day ago!

"Go. Have fun and be merry. But, we'll have to leave tonight," he informed her. Lord de Hattes looked over at her in concern. Marigold muttered a "Yes, My Lord" and exited the Great Hall, sitting in a branching off hallway. Why is it always like this? she thought, falling into a chasm of gloom and despair.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime1/24/2015, 00:33

Arya spent the next half hour listening to the most obnoxious conversations she'd ever heard. If these were the kind of guys Gavin normally spent time with, it was a wonder he wasn't as pompous as they were. Erin seemed to believe himself to be quite a dashing lad and kept looking around the room, trying to catch the eye of literally any passing female (and one cat, which was weird). Roger, on the other hand, still wouldn't talk. Arya got the uncomfortable feeling it was because he sensed his own superiority over her and wouldn't dare speak to someone so far below him.

"Lord Gavin, if you don't mind, I'll be wandering the room," she spoke up, interrupting one of Erin's stories.

"Oh, I'll go with you," he started, till she curtly shook her head.

"M'lords, it was, um, interesting meeting you," she said, curtsying.

She noticed Marigold wasn't there anymore. A serving girl pointed her in the direction she'd gone, so Arya headed for the doorway. Just before she exited, however, she noticed something odd. Asher and Victoria dancing...and Asher actually didn't look like he'd just been stabbed or was being held against his will. He actually seemed to be enjoying himself.

"Ew, seriously?" she muttered as Ash laughed at something Victoria had said.

Shaking her head, Arry turned and went to find Marigold. The girl was sitting on a bench down the hall, looking rather pitiful.

"You alright, Marigold?"
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime1/24/2015, 01:07

Marigold looked up at Arya and quickly straightened her posture to try to look less sad. But, it was just hard to not looked depressed.

"I'm fine," Marigold automatically lied. It had almost become a habit. But, she didn't even bother to cover the sad tone in her voice so it was blatantly obvious that she lied. Then, she got angry.

"No. You know what? I'm not fine. Not fine at all," she said, standing up and started pacing.

"I'm not fine with having to hop from place to place all the time. Sure, it's great to see new places and new people, but it's not great when you can stay less than a day, thanks to the people hunting the use down. And, then, I feel so betrayed by Jacob because him and his snitch family went and ratted us out, making this summer an absolute living hell for me. I haven't seen Alys in weeks and I'm soo worried about her and Louis," she ranted, not even caring that it was suposed to be a tip top secret.

"And, then Robert. Oh my god. He is the most boring teacher. We get to a place and he'll send me on mundane tasks and then, he'll nearly kill me with physical training and archery and....ugh! I haven't learned a spell or medical terms in days!" she raved, sitting back down on the bench with a huff. She then sighed and counted to ten to calm herself down.

"I'm so sorry, Arya. I know that must be confusing. Long story short, this is all a fight over land. The Cosin's control Low Germany, the second biggest territory in Germany. The Baum's control Middle Germany, the third biggest territory. They're rivals. But, for about twelve years, they have been at peace. Unfortunately, the Montfort's, Jacob and his family, told the Baum's that the Cosin's have been attacking their outlying villages, which is kinda true but they were on the border between lands so it's debatable. So, the Baum's attacked Hamburg, where we were staying, and now they're on a vendetta to hunt all the Cosin's down to claim their "rightful" territory. It's insane!" Marigold explained quickly.

"If you're wondering why I can't just leave behind the Cosins and stay here is because they pretended that I was their long lost sister Anneliese. It was a running joke, but the family called me that name so much that the Baum's think I really am related to them. If they found out I wasn't, they would probably kill me or worse," Marigold said, putting her head in her hands.

"I'm sorry. I know that's a lot to process. I just had to get that off my chest," she apologized. CRASH! Marigold hopped up and ran into the Great Hall.

(OOC: http://german.about.com/library/graphics/dilktmap.gif)
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime1/24/2015, 01:48

Arya sat still as a statue while Marigold paced and ranted. The Ravenclaw sure had a lot to say for such a quiet girl. Before they could carry on with the conversation, however, a loud crash resonated through the hall, echoed by several more crashes.

"Can't just have a normal evening," Arry muttered, running after Marigold.

The festivities in the hall had come to a halt. A group of about ten men had come crashing through the tall windows on their brooms (how did they do that without getting hurt?) and a duel had broken out.

"Bringt mir die Cosins!" the largest one shouted angrily.

"Say, Marigold, are those the guys you were talking about?" Arya asked sarcastically, though it wasn't the appropriate time for joking.

The Germans were rather skilled, but so were many of the older lords in at the party. They made a pretty good match. Asher came running towards Marigold and Arya and grabbed them both. He pulled them down the hall and into an empty room. A fire was lit and roaring.

"Marigold, you have to leave," he said quickly, grabbing a pouch off the mantle. "Robert's been rendered unconscious. You have to go!"

"Yes!" Arya nodded, suddenly very worried. "Use the Floo Powder. Go to, um...go to Beaufort! Ask for Adelaine's Tower, Beaufort Castle. Say exactly that!"
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime1/25/2015, 02:44

"No! I can't leave! If Robert gets captured, they'll do horrible things to him! I have to get him out of here," Marigold insisted, pulling out her wand and heading towards the door. Asher grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Are you crazy? If they capture you, they'll do the same things to you," Asher countered.

"Asher, I can't just leave him here. And, you two need to get out of here to, before things go really ugly," Marigold countered back.

"We'll be fine. But, we need to focus on getting you out of here right now. It's not safe for you here," he said, pulling her towards the fireplace.

"It's not safe for you either," she said twisting her body away from him.

"Marigold, you need to stop being dumb and get out of here," he said, taking her head in his hands. They stared down each other, having silent conversation between them. Then, Marigold softened and backed down.

"Accio bag," she said, her bag flying into the room from the servant quarters.

"You two have to make sure that Robert follows me to Adele's. And, you two have to make a run for the wall. Take the servant passages and exit through the kitchen so you can avoid some main fighting. Just be careful, alright?" she said putting on her cloak and hugging them both.

"We will be. Now, get going," Asher said tenderly. Marigold grabbed a handful of Floo Poweder and stepped into the fireplace.

"Say good bye for my parents for me, please?" she said, her eyes welling with tears. Asher nodded and she took a deep breath.

"Adelaine's Tower, Beaufort Castle," she shouted as confidently as she could. She went up in green flames and appeared in another castle. She coughed and fanned away the smoke.

"Adele?" she croaked out.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime1/25/2015, 02:56

Arya squeezed Marigold tightly and watched as she faded away in the bright green flames. Hopefully it worked. Adele would be in her room right now prepping for bed. Arry almost felt guilty for sending a refugee her way, but there was no time to worry about that.

"Let's get back," Asher said, heading for the door.

"Are you completely mad?" she exclaimed, pulling him back. "We'll get killed!"

"We can't leave everyone in there," he tried to reason with her.

"Yes, we can," she nodded fervently. "I like to put myself in grave danger just as much as the next fellow, but Ash, we are no match for them. Besides, once they realize Marigold is gone, they'll leave."

"What about Robert?"

"I don't know," she sighed. "They probably have him by now. But, Ash, even if they don't..we are not telling him where Marigold went. Let her be rid of that situation."

Asher looked like he wanted to argue, but he knew she was right. It was best for Marigold to break free of it. The Germans were tracking Robert, and if it really was just about land and heirs and everything, they wouldn't bother with Marigold. A girl couldn't be heir.

"C'mon," she mumbled, and they ran for it, out of the castle and back to their farm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To the Wall!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Wall!    To the Wall!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To the Wall!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Medieval :: Outside of Hogwarts :: Elsewhere-
Jump to: