Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
9/8/2017, 10:42 pm by Mira Catrain

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
7/5/2017, 11:15 pm by Marigold Belet

» A Noble Rescue
7/5/2017, 10:55 pm by Marigold Belet

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
6/27/2017, 1:20 am by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
6/23/2017, 11:46 pm by Headmistress Ellington

» "Report Cards"
6/20/2017, 6:42 pm by Kolby Parry

» Party Prep!
8/12/2016, 1:15 am by Deirdre McCalahan

» Party Like a Badger!
7/25/2016, 1:36 am by Deirdre McCalahan

» Some Fresh Air
7/23/2016, 9:29 pm by Professor Renoir

» Quidditch Tryouts 1351
7/23/2016, 9:12 pm by Arya Lannister

Beware!
 photo b9a721cd-7e6b-4cda-a1f4-a3706998472b_zpsa363bf54.jpg
Top posting users this month
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Share | 

Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wilkin Dalibor
Gryffindor: Year 1

PostSubject: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   11/13/2014, 4:24 pm

((OOC: the (It was my mother's idea) refers to Wilkin's mum, not mine.))
Wilkin, or Will as he preferred, juggled as he strode down the cobblestone street with his twin elder brothers. He payed no real attention to any of the things he was supposed to be, as any eleven year old boy might. The wooden balls circling in the air were of no matter to him, nor were the blond boys discussing lute strings infront of him. He instead, focused on a much less important matter. His eyes full of the starlight running through his mind, he wondered which house would have the best view of the night sky from the dormitory and common rooms. Obviously it would be Ravenclaw, with their coveted tower being located within the Astronomy Tower itself.

"Silk Strings or Sinew Strings?" The pair finally turned to ask their brother.

"Mother prefers Silk for it's beauty, but Sinew lasts longer and is cheeper. The girls need new strings for their harp and fiddle as well. I'd get Sinew if you are going to purchase strings today. Will reasoned as his multicolored spheres rotated.

The pair nodded. "Wana wait here and grab some quick coins while we go purchase some strings?" Lucas suggested, rather than asked, as he and William (called Liam), vanished into the crowd.

Smirking to himself with a slight shake of his head, the wannabe philosopher moved into the middle of the street, placed a wood bowl in front of him, and juggled while singing a cheery festive song.

Ravenclaw: Year 1

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   11/13/2014, 5:01 pm

Reyna, Symon, and Lynette had been set loose in Diagon Alley whilst their father made an appearance in the apothecary to sort out some business with the shopkeeper. They each had three galleons, so Reyna couldn’t buy her wand yet no matter how eager she was to get one.

Shall we get some tarts from the shop over there?” Lyn asked, jumping up and down.

You two do what you want, I’m meeting some friends,” Symon muttered before walking away.

Rey watched him take a turn down Knockturn Alley and wondered what he was up to. As loving and protective as her big brother always was, she couldn’t help but notice that he had been more sinister than usual all year long. What on earth happened at that school? she thought, brimming with curiosity. And what friends would meet him in Knockturn?

Reyna, look!

Lyn pointed further down the street and Reyna squinted to see what the spectacle was. A bard! A rather young one, it seemed. Reyna loved bards. They came to the castle all the time, and filled her head with stories and songs of dashing knights, beautiful maidens, and evil kings.

Let’s give him some money,” Lyn said cheerily, pulling her over to the boy. They stood in the ring around him, clapping along to the tune. Reyna threw a galleon into the bowl.

((OOC: So what’s the plan, Stan?))
Back to top Go down
Wilkin Dalibor

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   11/13/2014, 5:38 pm

((OOC: No real plan, random banter and fun, taking it as it goes))
Wilkin winked at the girls as they three in the galleon and finished his song, catching the balls which had been circling through the air since he left camp that morning.

"Two Blond idiots wouldn't happen to be headed this way would they?" He smirked, knowing his brothers would probably be gone a while. They once ditched him for a whole afternoon while 'collecting firewood'

"Any requests from two charming witches with stars in their eyes?" He smiled. He was young, but that didn't mean he lacked anything in boyish maneuvers of chivalry, flattery, jesting, and mostly, flirting. After all, he learned from his father before him that a warmed heart makes for the best of patrons.

"Or perhaps, I could request assistance from the two of you." He uttered after taking a quick glance to make sure not too many eyes were on them. "I'm 'sposed to be getting my supplies for Hogwarts, yet in order to do so, I must evade my brothers, who intend on making me get kicked out before I even get sorted. Wana help a lad?"

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   11/13/2014, 10:22 pm

Reyna blushed when the lad winked at her. Or was he winking at Lynette? Either way, he was quite charming. It wouldn’t hurt their image to pal around with a bard for a little while, would it? Looking around, she could see that no one in Diagon Alley seemed to recognize them as nobility.

We’d be delighted to help you out,” Lyn grinned before Reyna could speak up.

So you’ll be starting at Hogwarts this year, too?” Rey asked eagerly. “You’re only the third future schoolmate that I’ve met so far.

Lynette folded her arms stubbornly, upset that Reyna had one-upped her. After all, how could she help what her age was?

Well, Reyna’s already got all her supplies,” Lyn lied. “So it looks like it’ll be just you and me.

Lynette, be serious,” she huffed, rolling her eyes. Having a little sister was so difficult. “I only have my books. But I still need an owl, potion supplies, uniform –

Fine, fine, let’s go into the menagerie,” Lyn decided hastily. “What is your name, by the way?

Oh, right,” Rey nodded, realizing they hadn’t properly introduced themselves. “I’m Reyna, and this is my little sister Lynette.
Back to top Go down
Wilkin Dalibor

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   11/15/2014, 11:59 am

Will smiled and nodded. "Dalibor, Wilkin, most friends call me Will though." Offering his arms to the ladies, he made his way towards the menagerie.

He wrinkled his nose slightly as they stepped into the shop, it smelled like a barn. Cages of various animals, birds, and reptiles lined the walls, other eager first years were buying their own owls or cats. He himself knew he wouldn't have the money to purchase an owl this year. However, he was rather interested in the birds and looked at them in detail. It was fascinating how their large wings moved so quietly. Each feather smoothly laying atop another.

"What kind of animal or owl are you thinking of purchasing?" He asked the girls politely, his own mind tracing the patterning of a great horned owl just behind them.

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   11/17/2014, 8:48 pm

Reyna looked around the pet shop in awe. She’d never seen so many animals in one place! If only it smelled better.

Lyn, give me your galleons,” she demanded quietly.

Ugh, use your own,” Lynette rolled her eyes.

Don’t be such a brat,” Reyna whispered. “I need an owl, and I only have two galleons left.

Her sister tapped her foot and crossed her arms stubbornly. Rey pinched her and Lynette squealed, dropping the coins.

No rough housin’ in my shop,” the woman at the counter scolded them. She seemed completely miserable.

Sorry,” Reyna and Lyn both muttered, blushing.

As soon as the shopkeeper turned away, Lynette pushed Reyna. What happened next was rather unfortunate for the old woman, who had just gotten back from a short leave after a group of children had put the city guard on her tail a few months before. Reyna tumbled into a dingy old cage that housed a small owl with ruffled feathers and a hurt foot. The rusty hatch broke and the owl was set free – just as someone new opened the door to the shop.
Back to top Go down
Wilkin Dalibor

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   12/13/2014, 2:16 pm

Will watched the bird go as he toddled over, helping Reyna up before rushing out the door to catch the owl. It seemed nearly impossible, as small as he was, among the crowd, but he nimbly made his way over carts and around people, until he skidded to a stop when he came across the bird.
In his brother's arms.

"Gimme him." Will demanded.

"Why? So you can show off the sucessful theivery to Mother? Tut Tut, perhaps you won't be the contrary fairy after all." The twins said in unison, taking a dance like step towards him.

"I'll return him to his proper owner, like you should. He escaped from the shop." Retorted Wilkin, approaching the boys.

The owl screached and flapped around, yet couldn't fly, each twin held a claw in one hand.

"Mhm very likely. Mum ain't fond of liars."

"I'm not a twit. Give 'em!" He challenged, puffing his chest like a bird. Easily his brothers both could take him, 3rd year Gryffindors, eager to pick and win a fight. Gulping, Will counted his odds, if this went downhill, it wouldn't be pretty.

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   12/14/2014, 2:01 am

Reyna and Lynette quickly settled their differences and ran outside after Wilkin and the owl.

This is all your fault,” Reyna fumed.

It is not my fault,” Lyn shot back. “You shouldn’t be so clumsy!

They reached Will and saw that he was confronted by two older boys. Actually, they must have been his twin brothers. Each twin held the poor owl by a claw. Reyna gasped at the sight; how ghastly! How could they treat an innocent creature that way?

Let the owl go,” she demanded. “It doesn’t belong to either of you.

Yeah, let it go,” Lyn backed her up, crossing her arms.

The owl screeched and flapped its wings, then lost its balance and hung upside down. Reyna was positive its legs would snap. Without even thinking, she kicked the nearest twin hard in the knee, and Lynette took that as her signal to kick the other twin.
Back to top Go down
Wilkin Dalibor

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   12/30/2014, 10:59 am

Will smirked slightly swelling with pride as these newfound friends overpowered his brothers. They, crippling slightly and shouting as the Owl was released from his kidnappers. Darting forward, Will caught the bird, and ran back to the shop, leaving his brothers cursing, and prowling towards the girls.
"Why you- Wilkin's going to pay for this..."

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   1/12/2015, 7:22 pm

With a squeal, Lynette took off after Will and the owl. Noting the looks the twins were giving her, Reyna quickly followed. Once in the shop, she closed the door tightly behind her and hunched over to catch her breath. How unladylike, she thought, though she really didn't care at the moment.

"Reyna?"

Reyna turned on her heel to find Symon standing behind her, looking at her like she was a loon. Curiosity welled up inside her and she wondered what he did down Knockturn Alley.

"Just chased an owl," she sighed, resuming a proper stance. "What have you been up to?"

"None of your business," he shook his head, hands in his pockets. "Who's your friend?"

"This is Will," Lyn piped up, pulling the boy over to where they stood. "His twin brothers are evil. You might know them!"

"Lynette," Rey gasped.

"What?" the girl shrugged. "Oh! I wasn't implying Symon was evil as well. I just mean they go to Hogwarts. Will, did you say they're in year 3? Or are they going to be year 4? Symon is going to be a 4th year."
Back to top Go down
Wilkin Dalibor

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   1/26/2015, 2:26 pm

((So Sorry! My email neglected me in notifying you had responded and I just got around to actually checking the site (School Work)))

Will smirked at his brothers being called vile. He was starting to like these girls more by the minute. He quickly placed the bird down gave Symon a slight bow.
"They'll be starting their third year. Though we have a sister in her seventh year, but she's back in Germany with mother. We were dismissed from the caravan early so I could prep for school"
He huffed, slightly out of breath, giving the lad one of his charming smiles.
"Will, Wilkin Dalibor, Bard, Actor, and Traveling Circusmen." Sticking his hand forth, he offered Symon a handshake.

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   1/26/2015, 9:04 pm

Symon uneasily took Will's hand and shook it firmly. She supposed she couldn't blame him; they weren't used to being around people beneath their ranks. Don't think that way anymore, she scolded herself, frowning. She didn't want the reputation of a prissy little lady when she got to Hogwarts.

"Dalibor?" Symon repeated. "Yes, I believe I know of your brothers. Gryffindors, right?"

"You have friends in that house, don't you?" Lyn asked.

"Er, sort of," he shrugged.

"Asher Reviers?" Reyna wondered, raising an eyebrow.

"And Arya Lannister," he nodded, then sarcastically added "Stay away from that one, though."

"Okay..." she agreed, deciding she'd ask about that later. "I thought Asher was your mortal enemy?"

"Only on the pitch," Symon laughed halfheartedly.

"No, his real enemy is Seamus Digby," Lynette grinned.

Symon glared at her. Reyna felt a bit sad; how did Lynette know more about their brother's personal life than she did? And why was Seamus his enemy?

"Will, what house do you suppose you'll be in?" Lyn quickly changed the subject, turning her attention back to their new friend.
Back to top Go down
Wilkin Dalibor

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   2/6/2015, 1:11 pm

Will grinned brightly.
"Ravenclaw I hope. The rest of my family may have all been Gryffindors. Last think I want is to be like them."

"Mom fears that if I /do/ become a ravenclaw I'll end up smart and leave the family business. Yet honestly, I'm not overly fond of theatrics. I'd rather study the stars!
Shifting slightly, Will flicked his hair from his eyes with a toss of his head, he felt like something might be off about these three, but then again, something was off about most people for him. Too English, Too Foreign, too fancy. Either way, Will was determined he'd found some new friends, and was extremely glad for it.

"Anyone else to avoid or know? My brothers will likely tell me to stay away from the good and dwell among the bad."

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   2/6/2015, 9:29 pm

"Reyna's going to be in Ravenclaw, too," Lyn said, quite sure of herself.

"Glad to know I'll have a friend," Rey smiled. "I imagine Symon will pretend he doesn't even know me."

"Not true," Symon grinned, mussing up her hair. "Well, maybe a little."

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes. "So, tell us, Symon; I'll need to know, too. Who should we avoid?"

With all eyes on him, Symon looked like he was backed into a corner. Reyna almost felt sorry for putting him on the spot like that, her brother was frightfully awkward in situations like this (social situations). After a minute of debating, he finally gave in.

"Fine," he sighed. "You'll want to avoid most Slytherins - especially Davy Rivers. Steer clear of him and his crew. There's also a Gryffindor named Victoria, she's got a nasty reputation as well. The group you should get in with is Adelaine Beaumont, Marigold Belet, and the rest. They're good kids."

"Good as in boring?" Lynette sassed.

"No, good as in not evil," Symon retorted. "Just stick with them."

"Adelaine is Symon's betrothed," Lynette informed Wilkin with a smirk, sticking her tongue out at Symon. "And they get into a lot of trouble, actually."

"True," Symon laughed. "I hope you're prepared for adventuring, Will."
Back to top Go down
Wilkin Dalibor

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   2/10/2015, 8:48 pm

Young Will beamed on the outside, perfectly willing to put on a bold face. However, within he questioned the adventure, having longed to find a place where he could relax and study.

"Indeed! A bit of fun and distraction is often welcome, though of course in modesty, always!" He chuckled nervously.

Shifting his vision to Reyna, he studied this potential house mate for a moment, memorizing her appearance to recall later should they end up tied some how.

"Stay away from the Slytherins and Victoria. Stick by Baeumont, Belet and her group. Got it. All though, if all of them are Gryffindors, and years above my own, won't I rarely see them? It is far more likely I would spend more time with someone such as Reyna who is not only in my year, but definitely bright enough to be a Ravenclaw." He recited, more to himself than to the group, but his habits built from a family life in the arts caused him to always say what he thought, and say it as if he meant all to hear.

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   2/10/2015, 10:51 pm

Reyna observed Wilkin as he spoke. She quite liked this bard, there was something refreshing about him.

"That is all true," Symon nodded. "But I think you'll find house unity is certainly at its peak right now at Hogwarts. Aside from Slytherin house, most students intermingle and sit with each other."

"Really?" Reyna asked, picturing Hogwarts.

"Yes. At meals, for example, people only sit with their houses at dinner. And age doesn't matter; in our group, Finn is 16, while the lads are 14, and the girls are 12," he shrugged. "And you, you'll be seeing a lot of Adelaine; she's promised to take you under her wing. Gavin, Peyton, and Seamus are also in Ravenclaw."

"That's reassuring," she thought aloud, then turned to Will. "If you're in Ravenclaw, too, you'll also be seeing a lot of them. Of course, we'll make friends in our year as well, but it'll be nice already having a set, won't it?"

A loud BANG interrupted their conversation.

"It came from the Apothecary!" Lyn exclaimed, and they ran toward the potion shop.
Back to top Go down
Wilkin Dalibor

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   2/27/2015, 1:48 pm

Quickly following, Wilkin was sure to shut the door behind him as they raced to the shop against the flow of the crowd. As he vanished into the street, he heard the Shop Keeper of the Menagerie shouting, but he ignored it, eager to keep up with his new found friends, skidding to a stop and nearly colliding with Simon as he entered the Apothecary.

inside the Apothecary, the shopkeeper lay on the floor surrounded by shattered bottles, sitting up with a moan. One could observe their head was bleeding.

Rushing to his side, Will crouched in the broken glass, ripping one of his sleeves to make a mock bandage for the man's head.

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   3/1/2015, 11:21 pm

Reyna stared at the shopkeeper in horror; she hated not being of any use in such a situation. The man's head was bleeding quite a bit. It looked like he'd probably dropped a tray of vials, then slipped in the mess and landed straight on a wedge of glass. The thought made her cringe.

"Move on, move on!" a burly man was shouting, shoving through the crowd that had gathered. Reyna assumed he was a guardsman. "Step aside, please!"

Symon pulled the three kids out of the way so the man could get by. Without a word, he conjured up a stretcher and heaved the shopkeeper onto it.

"Alright, everybody get out the way!" he yelled, levitating the stretcher and leading it out of the store.

The crowd of course followed him, leaving their little group inside.

"What an end to the day," Reyna muttered.

"There you are," their father's voice pierced through the commotion outside. "Let's get going."

Lord Fendrel waited at the door, and Rey looked at Will and smiled.

"It was lovely to meet you," Lyn said, taking the words right out of her mouth.

"I look forward to seeing you at Hogwarts," Reyna piped up.

"As do I," Symon nodded. "See you around."

They waved at their new friend and left the empty Apothecary with their father, exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)   

Back to top Go down

Commedia Delle Arte! (It was my mother's idea)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1