Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

The House Cup! (1350-51)

Go down 
+6
Mira Catrain
Kolby Parry
Arya Lanister
Adelaine Beaumont
Marigold Belet
Headmistress Ellington
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Headmistress Ellington
Headmaster
Headmaster
Headmistress Ellington

The House Cup! (1350-51) Empty
PostSubject: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/14/2014, 19:19

The final points had been tallied. The House Cup would be presented as soon as the students arrived. Fiona Ellington was exhausted, ready for the night to be over. At the same time, however, she was sad; the year had gone by extremely fast. Where had the time gone?

Nearly everyone is here, Headmistress,” Healer Alys told her, fixing her robes.

Thank Merlin,” Ellington muttered.

The Great Hall was laid out much like it had been for the Valentine’s Day dance. The long tables were pushed up against the walls and set up buffet style. Smaller round tables were scattered around, with the Herbology professor’s special centerpieces on each one: bouquets that literally grew out of the center of the tables in little circular patches of grass. Once the award was presented, they (and the banners) would be changed to the winning house’s colors. And, of course, there was a large dance floor in the middle of the hall, with enchanted instruments in every corner of the room. The ceiling showed a clear, starry sky.

Students, get settled,” she announced, amplifying her voice and standing up. “When you are all seated, the House Cup winner will be announced!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/hogwartsmedieval
Marigold Belet
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/14/2014, 21:14

The House Cup! (1350-51) Everyo10 (In order of Marigold, Kolby, Asher, and Jacob)

Alys finished braiding Marigold's hair and carefully placed the pearls in her hair. Marigold was actually breaking in a dress she was supposed to wear in Germany.

"And, there. Look at you! You're a princess!" Alys said excitedly, taking Marigold to the mirror. Alys loves to use Mairgold as a dress up doll, like she was her daughter. Marigold smiled at herself. She was a little princess.

"Now, let's go. Who's your date?" Alys asked as they walked away from the Hospital Wing.

"I'm supposed to have a date?" Marigold countered, suddenly a bit panicked. Alys laughed as they entered the Great Hall. Marigold instantly felt a lot eyes on her as she walked up to the High Table with Alys. The silver trophy sat in the middle of the High Table.

"Here you go, my dear," Alys said, handing her a golden ticket. Marigold smiled and spun around, looking at it. It was a VIP pass into the private party after the feast. It was supposed to be only 7th years and staff, but each staff member was allowed a plus one.

"Thank you Alys," Marigold thanked, hugging her teacher.

"Of course. Now, go enjoy the feast," Alys said, shooing her away. Marigold tucked the ticket in her purse and looked around, amazed by the decorations.

"Good evening," she heard from behind her. She turned around to see Jacob.

"Hi," she said back with a smile.

"You look lovely," he complimented.

"Doesn't she?" another voice said behind her. She turned to see Asher. Marigold sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Now, boys, let's be civil tonight," Marigold commented as they glared at one other. The air around them was very tense as they both wanted her as a date. Marigold sighed. This dance might be very fun.

"Why don't you come sit with us, Marigold?" Asher asked, gesturing to the table him, Gavin, and Peyton had reserved. Marigold looked at Jacob and he nodded in their direction, saying "Go ahead". Marigold nodded and sat between Gavin and Peyton.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/14/2014, 22:45

The House Cup! (1350-51) Sdlfh10 The House Cup! (1350-51) Table10

((OOC: here's the table chart!)

Adelaine adjusted her attire once more, making sure the tunic fit comfortably and the skirts flowed properly, etc.. It was the last night. The last night of her first year at Hogwarts; it was mind blowing. They were actually going home tomorrow! The more she thought about it, she wasn’t so sure she wanted to.

Ready?” Seamus asked, buttoning up his midnight blue vest. In honor of the House Cup, the whole school was wearing their own house colors.

Yeah, let’s go,” she nodded with a smile. “I can’t believe how fast the year’s gone by.

Seems t’go faster each year,” the third year warned. “Ye get used to it.

They made their way to the Great Hall. Once again, the staff had outdone themselves. The decorations for each event always amazed Adele. Her favorite was the Christmas feast, hands down. Or was it the Valentine’s dance?

There it is,” Seamus grinned, staring up at the House Cup. “Slytherin won last year.

The silver trophy had yet to be engraved. Word was the running was between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Adelaine pulled Seamus to their table and they took seats between Gavin and Asher.

You look lovely, Marigold!” Adele smiled across the table.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Gryffindor: Year 3
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/14/2014, 22:54

The House Cup! (1350-51) Arry10

Arya tugged at her long braids and picked a piece of lint off her sleeve. Her gown was very fancy in comparison to her others. She’d borrowed it from Adele and changed the colors to be maroon and gold. The velvet on her cap-sleeves itched, though.

Kolby, this is imperative,” she explained slowly. “We have to have eyes in the Ministry.

She and Kolby were taking the less-traveled path to the Great Hall so as not to be seen – it was a series of hallways only used during schooldays. Arya was currently trying to convince him to go back to the Ministry of Mischief, though she understood why he might be hesitant.

You’ll be a double-agent,” she said, grinning. “Just have Davy and his idiot chums think you’re spying for them, when really you’re spying for us. Got it?

They arrived at the hall, so she nodded curtly and walked in alone. Finding her table, she sat between Ash and Peyton, seeing as there were no empty seats next to Gavin. He smiled dreamily across the table and she blushed, immediately looking down at her hands.

Something very interesting on your hands?” Ash whispered in her ear, laughing. She stomped down on his foot and rolled her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Slytherin: Year 3
Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/14/2014, 23:26

"But, Arya, that's a dangerous game you want me to play," Kolby told her as they walked through the halls. They came to the Great Hall and went their separate ways. Kolby looked around, looking for a place to sit.

"Here. I'll be your date for the night," Jayne said, tucking her arm in his.

"Umm.....excuse me?" he asked, a blush to his face as Jayne dragged him to Elsa's table. Kolby and Jayne took the last two seats, making the table have Jon, Edwin, Elsa, Kolby, Jayne, Mick, and Devan. Kolby noticed that this table was actually very blended, unlike the all Slytherin table Jacob and Symon were at or the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor table Marigold and Adele were at.

"I think Hufflepuff has a real chance this year. I've gotten us so many points this year," Jon announced to the table.

"No way. Ravenclaw is gonna win, no doubt about it," Jayne told them, stirring the pot and causing a lot strife at the table.

"Do you think we have a chance?" Devan asked him.

"Think not mate. It's a bit of a long shot, with the Ministry being very active this year," Kolby told him, remembering how many points Slytherin lost this year.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Hufflepuff: Year 3
Mira Catrain

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/15/2014, 15:26

The House Cup! (1350-51) Mira10

Mira quickly wrapped a gold ribbon around her hair and checked herself in the mirror one last time. She was running slightly late, and Finn was waiting on her. The House Cup would be awarded in the next few minutes, and she didn’t want to miss it. Hufflepuff actually had a chance!

You look fine, Mira,” Finn sighed anxiously. “Let’s go!

Okay, okay,” she huffed, slipping on her shoes and running out into the hall.

If I miss Hufflepuff winning in my last year here, I swear,” he grumbled as they jogged.

They made it to the Great Hall in record time. Granted, they were both doubled over trying to catch their breath, which got them some strange looks. Finn nodded at a table of 5th year Hufflepuffs and went that way. Mira looked around for her friends and Elsa waved her over. When she arrived, however, the table was full.

Excuse me, Jayne,” Elsa said with mock-politeness. “I’m afraid you’re going to have to sit elsewhere, dear.

Jayne gasped dramatically, and everyone collectively shooed her away. As soon as she’d stomped off, they all burst into laughter. Elsa scooted people around so Mira could take the seat between her and Edwin.

"Mira, your dress is amazing," Elsa gushed. "Doesn't she look amazing, Ed?"

"Er, yes," Ed blushed, grinning like a madman. He immediately looked up at the ceiling.

"Thank you," Mira chuckled. "Toren made it! My father says he's doing really well apprenticing for him."
Back to top Go down
Christiare Le Clerc
Gryffindor: Year 2
Christiare Le Clerc

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/15/2014, 21:02

All afternoon Hugh had been fretting over Tari's dress. The quiet two had become fast friends over the past few weeks, and earlier that evening he had insisted upon her wearing something of his design. Of course, she felt rather silly in the ellaborate gown, but Hugh insisted that she was stunning in it.
That evening however, Tari felt far from beautiful when she noted the only table at which she truly knew anyone was full. This, didn't seem to phase Hugh, who seemed eager to solve the issue.

"Mind sliding over and squeezing in two more chairs?" He asked, already taking two to slide them into place among the others, Making Tari swirl in the gown before allowing her to sit down. He had cut her hair as well, a strange thing for little boys to do, but it was needed in order to properly match the outfit. It was definately a changed look for Tari, and a much better one at that.
Smiling, she bit her lip slightly.

"Feels like only yesterday we came in here to be sorted. Tari smiled at the group.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Ellington
Headmaster
Headmaster
Headmistress Ellington

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/15/2014, 21:37

Once the Great Hall was filled with chattering, noisy students, Ellington figured it was time to get the show on the road. She stood and shot red sparks into the air, which everyone took to mean ”Shut it right now.”

Students,” she began, amplifying her voice. “It’s a big night. Not only is it the last night of the year –

She paused as a round of applause went up around the hall. Ellington impatiently motioned for silence again.

The House Cup!” More applause. “We’ll get to that in a moment, though. I just wanted to say, this has been a very…eventful year. Slytherin won the Quidditch Cup for the third year in a row. Many great duels were fought, which are only good in that you clearly have been practicing your work, right? And house unity has been at an all time high!

Fiona paused for a final time to let suspense build. Then it was time. With a flick of her wand, the House Cup floated to the podium.

This year, the House Cup is awarded to…” People drummed on tables, and that was the only noise in the hall. “RAVENCLAW!

Deafening cheers went up from around the room. Ellington waved her wand and the trophy was engraved with the house and school year, while the banners changed to Ravenclaw. Another swish with the wand and music began to play, while the buffet tables were filled.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/17/2014, 16:31

Adelaine was ecstatic. Ravenclaw actually won! She liked to think she contributed to the win, then figured her contributions were probably canceled out by all the mischief she’d gotten into this year.

This is fantastic!” Gavin exclaimed, as Asher rolled his eyes.

I say we make next year the year of Ravenclaw,” Adele grinned.

We’ll win both cups!” Seamus nodded.

Gah, shut it ya bloody eagles,” Ash said before breaking into a smile.

As they all joked, Adele looked across the hall and saw Elsa’s table. She wanted to make sure she would be coming to the tourney in York over the summer.

I’ll be back in a moment,” she said, getting up.

She stopped at the drink table first to grab a butterbeer, then headed over. It was quite a funny mix of people: Elsa, Edwin, Jon, Kolby of all people, Tomkin, Christiare, and that Mira girl. Devan and Mick had just gone to the buffet tables.

So, will any of you be at the tourney in July?” Adele asked, sliding into a chair.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/17/2014, 16:43

Mira had been going on about Toren, but went silent when Adelaine Beaumont sat down. She looked at the flowers growing out of the center of the table while the rest of the group chatted.

I’ll certainly be going,” Elsa was saying. “My father is Lord Lydale’s steward, we have to go.

Devan and I will be there,” Mick said, sitting back down with a platter of sweets in his hand. The centerpiece immediately sunk down into the table so that there was room for the platter. That’s an interesting bit of magic, Mira thought, looking at the surface, which was now covered in flower carvings. Mick put the platter in the center.

Why will you be there?” Ed asked curiously, grabbing a cauldron cake.

Well our father is Lord of Doncaster,” he shrugged, as if it was old news.

Your father is a lord?” Elsa exclaimed. “I thought you were tailors!

I thought they were farmers,” Jon chimed in.

They all began to laugh at the Wonder of Mick, as they liked to call it. He wasn’t the brightest, and he had a way of going with the flow and never voluntarily telling facts about himself unless you asked.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/17/2014, 21:42

Kolby looked up at Adele as she came over. She was asking about the tourney in York.

"What about you Kolby?" Devan asked.

"My parents are still debating about it," Kolby informed him.

"Really? I thought your family would jump at the chance to come," Mick said. Kolby shrugged.

"It would be difficult to get there. We live all the way by Bristol. It would be hard to Apparate that far in one jump. Maybe if we used a portkey or something," Kolby pointed out.

"That is true," Elsa said.

"Can you try to talk them into it? Not a lot of people are missing it and I think we could have some fun if all three of us went," Mick said, wanting to have someone else to talk to beside his brother. Kolby smiled.

"I'll try," Kolby told Mick finally. He and Edwin then went to get food.[/b]
Back to top Go down
Christiare Le Clerc
Christiare Le Clerc

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/17/2014, 22:47

Tari thought for a moment before realizing that this was the perfect instance to interject. The others all were discussing their fathers, and not but a while before, Professor Vici told that he had signed the documents. Smiling at the whole table she chimed in eagerly.

"I'm sure Professor Vici will be attending, and there's no reason I wont be acompanning him. I beleive he said he's the proper Lord of the Vici Estate... Plus, he's adopted me~!"

Christiare added what would soon become her signature flare onto the end of the statement of the adoption. It truly made her heart light to be thinking over the idea that she would be spending her summers with one such as he, as opposed to returning to that horrible hament of her childhood.

Hugh, who had earlier been told this by a too-elated Tari, smiled and congratulated her any way.
"It's honestly fate, you two are such a match for each other. Too bad he's not married though. I can't go to the tournament as I'm apprenticing under a courtier tailor during the summer, yet I'm sure you'll all enjoy it."
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/17/2014, 22:58

Marigold was overjoyed when Raveclaw. Peyton immediately gave her the biggest bear hug in her life and they cheered with all the over Ravenclaws. Marigold looked over to the House Cup; it was currently being passed around among the 7th years. No doubt it would be proudly displayed in the Ravenclaw tower until the end of next year.

"Isn't this great?" Gavin exclaimed.

"Next year will be amazing!" Peyton said. Asher just sat there and rolled his eyes.

"Marigold," Alys called to her in that voice. Marigold turned around. Alys was standing there with a note. "I'm sorry to break up this celebration. We need to talk dear," Alys said, pulling her aside.

"I'm afraid we're going have to leave a bit early, as in tonight," Alys told her.

"What?! Alys, the dance hasn't even started yet. I can't.......just leave," Marigold said. Alys looked at her and sighed. Alys thought about it.

"Okay. You have until midnight. Also, be ready to fly all the way there," Alys decided.

"What's wrong? Why do we have to leave early?" Marigold asked.

"The Floo Powder System has backfired on some of my siblings. Mutter wants us to fly there and we have to leave tonight to be there by the correct time tomorrow," Alys explained. Marigold got really sad. She would have to say good bye to all her friends tonight, instead of in the morning. Alys put a hand on her shoulder. Marigold knew they would understand, but it still made her sad.

"Go have fun. We leave at midnight," she told her. Marigold nodded and went back to her friends. Asher had gotten her a plate of food, somehow guessing all her favorites. She conjured up some cider in her cup and secretly pulled in her antidote to the Baneberry potion.

"Everything okay?" Asher asked, sitting beside her.

"Yeah. I just have to leave at midnight tonight," she told him.

"What?" he asked, a bit in shock.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/17/2014, 23:10

Arya had wandered around the hall for a moment before veering over to the other table. She got there just in time to hear Tari announce the good news. Immediately, she squeezed the Gryffindor tight (something she was not accustomed to doing) and congratulated her.

I can’t believe it,” she smiled brightly, taking a seat. “I mean, I can. This is great!

A part of Arry was excited that it had been her idea in the first place, more or less. That wasn’t important, of course; what was important was that Christiare was getting away from those lunatic parents of hers.

So this means pretty much all of us will be at the tourney,” Elsa grinned, sipping her cider. “Say, do any of you want to join Mira, Jon, and I on our trip to London?

Elsa quickly explained the plan – her sister Apparating to get them all – but Arya wouldn’t be able to swing it. Secretly, she couldn’t stand Edwin. But she couldn’t tell them that.

July is a busy time for my family,” she said, sighing dramatically. “I can’t abandon them.

Arya,” Gavin said behind her, tapping her shoulder. “Care to dance?
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/17/2014, 23:26

Everyone congratulated Christiare on her news, though most of them didn’t seem to understand it. Why was Vici adopting her? Arya and Hugh must have known, they were elated.

Congrats,” Adele smiled politely. “Vici is such a great guy.

Adelaine noticed that Mira had been avoiding her for the last couple months. She couldn’t for the life of her figure out why. Was it something she’d said?

Addie, can I talk to ye fer a second?

She looked around to see Seamus standing behind her, looking nervous as ever. Nodding, she stood; he took her arm and they headed over to the dance floor, where Gavin and Arya had taken their place among the other pairs.

You want to dance?” Adele laughed anxiously.

Nah, but it’ll look too suspicious if we’re talkin’ in a corner,” he explained, jerking his head toward Symon’s table. She nodded and they started dancing. “I been thinkin’ lately, and I’ve only talked ta Ash about it…

Tell me,” she pressed, his nerves starting to worry her.

Small chance I won’ be comin’ back next year,” he blurted out. “See, my mum’s not doin’ good with her, er, ‘job’. An’ me dad’s due to come back ‘round soon. I don’ wan’er ta be alone if he does.

They literally twirled into Asher and Marigold on the sidelines.

Marigold’s leaving at midnight,” Ash said exasperatedly.

Why midnight, Marigold?” Adele asked.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/18/2014, 15:33

Marigold wouldn't say that Asher was mad at her. He was just at a lost. The group had made plans to say good bye tomorrow after breakfast. Now, Marigold had to say good bye early.

"Instead of using Floo Powder, we have to fly there and to get there on time, we have to leave tonight," Marigold explained.

"Wow. That's a shame. Well, at least, you have three hours," Seamus pointed out.

"That's true," Marigold said. She wasn't ready to say good bye to everyone just yet.

"How about we say good bye around 11:45 as a group? That way you won't have to worry about missing anyone," Seamus proposed. Marigold nodded and smiled at him. He smiled back.

"Let's go dance," Jacob said, stealing her from the little group.

"Montfort!" Asher called after him as they rushed to the dance floor. Marigold laughed. Seamus patted his back, chuckling to himself, not seeing Symon coming up to Adele.

"So, like I said earlier, you look lovely," he said as they swayed back and forth. It was a slow song.

"Thank you," Marigold said.

"Are you sad about leaving early?" he asked as he spun her around. He dipped her really low and Marigold felt the eyes of other girls staring at them.

"Who told you?" Marigold asked.

"Don't you remember? I'm coming with you," he told her.

"Really?" she asked, not remembering that conversation. Marigold been extremely forgetful lately. It's like someone wiped her recent memory.

"Uh huh. I'm with you guys from here to across the English Channel. Then, I'll head towards France, while you and Alys continue towards Bradenburg," he reminded.

"Hmmm. I can't remember," she commented.

"Maybe a side effect of the Baneberry," he said. Marigold did remember how worried Jacob was when they took her to the Hospital Wing. Marigold didn't remember what happened but she somehow got injected with a Baneberry potion. Alys said she was asleep for two days. Jacob never left her side. Seamus told Marigold that Asher was trying to hunt down Davy while she was sleeping. From what they told her, he was the one that injected her with it.

"Well, I'm glad your coming to with us. That way, we won't have to say good bye just yet," Marigold said with a smile. He smiled back and spun her around again.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/18/2014, 16:01

Kolby, Mick, Devan, and Edwin were chilling by the wall, enjoying food, sharing jokes. They didn't have official dates and they were open to any girl they wanted to ask or any girl that asked them. But, at the moment, they were just being boys. Then, Jayne come up.

"Come on, Kolby. Let's go dance," she said as she grabbed his hand and pulled him away. He groaned and rolled his eyes as Devan, Mick, and Edwin laughed.

They danced for two songs then Kolby finally made her mad enough that she slapped him and stormed off.

"Aww. Trouble in paradise?" Devan joked, passing him a Butterbeer. Kolby punched his shoulder as he chugged it.

"I don't know why she's attached to me. Doesn't she realize that no body likes her?" Kolby complained. The boy laughed and Elsa came up to them.

"Edwin, do you want to dance?" she asked. It was hard for Kolby not to notice that Edwin and Elsa were almost always together. He wondered if they had some feelings for each other as they walked to the dance floor.

"Why don't you two go find someone to dance with?" Kolby asked.

"Girls are the root of all evil," the twins quoted from their dad. Kolby laughed. They weren't wrong about that.

"I'll be right back," Kolby said, going up to Tari.

"Do you want to dance?" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
Christiare Le Clerc
Christiare Le Clerc

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/18/2014, 18:13

Hugh nudged Tari as Kolby approached. A goofy grin already slapped upon his goofball face.
Tari, in turn slapped Hugh but attempt to regain composition. Her eyes widened slightly at the invitation to dance, and she bit her lip, pink blush invading her lightly freckled cheeks.

"I.. I'd love to!" Tari stammered, giving a slight curtsy to Kolby and another smack to Hugh as he smirked.
Hugh chuckled.

"Might want to stay out of the sight of Vici, Kolby." Hugh winked at him.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/18/2014, 19:50

Mira drummed her fingers on the table and ate a miniature pumpkin pie. Everyone was off dancing or grazing, so she was left alone. She didn’t mind it, really. It gave her time to think back on the year. Although, she wasn’t so crazy about watching Elsa and Edwin dance.

Busy?

Finn plopped down next to her and grinned.

What’s with you?” she asked, leaning back.

I’ve just gotten an owl,” he replied giddily.

In the middle of the feast?

Symon just found me and gave it to me,” he nodded. “It’s from Lord Fendrel himself. Says Symon told him about my plans to leave. He said he’d find a place for a skilled wizard in his household, but only if I finish my education!

Mira hugged him, practically squeezing the life out of him. He wouldn’t be leaving her after all! Thank Merlin for Symon and Lord Fendrel.

This is fantastic,” she beamed.

I know!” he exclaimed. “Let’s dance!
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/18/2014, 20:01

The evening was going downhill fast, in Adele’s opinion. Not only was Marigold leaving early, but Seamus was leaving forever. How was she supposed to handle that?

Adelaine,” Symon greeted, walking over.

Oh, hello,” she smiled.

Aye, hello,” Seamus said, already knowing what was coming.

Mind if I cut in?” Symon asked, not looking at Seamus.

Normally, Adele would have said yes. But, given the information she’d just gotten, Symon would simply have to wait.

Maybe later,” she said awkwardly. Seamus looked just as shocked as Symon. The latter nodded curtly, face red, and walked quickly away. “Back to you, Seamus. Are you sure about this?

Positive,” he sighed, spinning her around. “I can’ just be oblivious to th’ situation –

What did you say?” she stopped suddenly. “Oblivious? Oblivious….Marigold!

She ripped herself away from a befuddled Seamus and ran to Marigold and Jacob. Before she interrupted them, however, she remembered Symon doing the same exact thing to his friend. It had to be what Davy did. Instead of tearing them apart, she ran to Asher and quickly explained. He agreed to go drag Marigold away from Jacob. She had to know.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/19/2014, 01:13

Marigold and Jacob continued to dance, getting lost in the music and in each other's company. Jacob spun her around and stopped when Asher came up.

"I hate to interrupt this lovely scene, but her ladies presences is requested else where," Asher said, lacing his arm around hers. Jacob groaned as Asher whisked her away.

"Is there a problem?" she asked as he brought her to Adele.

"We think Davy wiped your memory," Asher stated. Marigold furrowed her brow in confusion.

"How and why?" she asked.

"Wiping someones memory is easy if you use the Obliviate spell. Why, only Davy knows. But, obviously, he took something from you if it required him to wipe your memory," he explained.

"But.....that...." Marigold started, as a dark shadow passed by the window. She held her forehead, just very confused. It blew her mind that someone would do something cruel enough that they had to wipe the person's memory.

"It makes sense Mari," Asher said, using the nickname he adopted for her from Mace.

"But....Davy wouldn't....no," she said, trying to remember something that wasn't there. She looked towards Adele for an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/19/2014, 01:42

Kolby took Tari's arm and escorted her to the dance floor. They started dancing to a semi fast song, where they sometimes switched partners with Edwin and Elsa.

"Are you enjoying the feast?" Kolby asked the timid Gryffindor as he spun her around. Kolby enjoyed Tari's company. She was a nice girl and she didn't see him as a Slytherin. She saw him as himself.

"Kolby, I think something's about to happen," Elsa told him as they switched partners.

"What do you mean?" Kolby asked as they switched back. He took this moment to look around the Great Hall. There were shadows at the windows and he noticed a lack of older Slytherins. Ministry members.

"Tari, if something goes wrong, I need you to trust me and follow my lead, alright?" he told his partner, looking around. He was taking this opportunity to be brave. But, really, he was looking for an escape route. But, he doubt that he would even be safe. They stopped dancing and Edwin and Elsa came up to them.

"There's the courtyard door," Edwin proposed. Great minds think alike. Kolby thought.

"They more than likely have it blocked," Elsa countered. Kolby looked around. There was a stairway to a balcony, where teachers were watching the students from, making sure no one was getting in trouble.

"That stairway by the High Table. It's closed off and there's only one way in and one way out," Kolby said. Edwin and Elsa nodded in agreement. Then, all Hades broke lose as Ministry members on brooms came crashing through the windows and the doors.

Kolby grabbed Tari's wrist and pulled her towards the stairway. He left her with Edwin and Elsa and pulled out his wand. Smoke surrounded the dance floor and spells could be seen casted from all directions. Teachers and staff tried to maintain order but it was clear that the Ministry members had the advantage flying in the air. They threw smoke bombs and fire crackers above the other students heads.

"Slytherins Unite!" a Ministry member cried out as the other members cheered. This is bad. Kolby thought, as he sent a Flipendo spell towards a Ministry member. It worked but the member straightened itself out on the broom and sent a Severing spell towards Kolby. Kolby jumped out of the way but it hit his calf. Edwin pulled him into the stairway and took his place.

"There can never be a normal day!" Elsa exclaimed exasperatedly, wiping a tear from her cheek, as she tired to heal Kolby's calf. Kolby sighed. She was right.

(OOC: The Ministry's plan involving brooms! Activated!)
Back to top Go down
Professor Renoir
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Professor Renoir

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/19/2014, 02:03

((OOC: I know gravity has yet to be discovered, but I don’t care))

The entire staff was in an absolute state of shock. The fact that those Slytherins had the nerve to do this – it just blew Renoir’s mind! Did they not know that every single one of them would be expelled? That they were no match for fully trained adult wizards?

Renoir, do something!” Professor Liden chided.

I’m bloody trying!

The Great Hall looked like it had been hit with a massive smoke bomb. The staff shot hexes where they could, but they were limited. Not only because they couldn’t see their targets, but because they couldn’t severely injure a student.

I think we know who stole the brooms,” she heard Charles Stone yell.

Marguerite had to think fast. There was no time for one on one combat. She mentally ran through her catalogue of spells and pulled one she’d created her first year of teaching.

Vicissim Gravitatum!” she shouted, wand directed at the ceiling. Just like that, everyone fell to the floor. She heard the moans of the broom-stealers and gestured for the Healers to go search them out. Renoir turned to the headmistress. “You’re up.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Ellington
Headmaster
Headmaster
Headmistress Ellington

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/19/2014, 15:32

Headmistress Ellington was fed up. These students thought they could just walk all over her, didn’t they? Well, that was over now. With a wave of her wand, the smoke cleared and she amplified her voice.

Nobody move,” she instructed.

Fiona looked around the hall for the culprits. Most of them were still with their brooms, which gave them away. She noticed that three brooms were without a rider, which then brought to her attention the fact that Davy was as far from the brooms as possible.

You there, Alvin,” she said, pointing to a Slytherin with a broken arm, laying on top of a broom. “Who’s idea was this?

Alvin said nothing, though he actually looked close to tears. Clearly, they were planning on this going a different way.

Will any of you speak?” Ellington asked the other miscreants. They all refused. Whatever group they were a part of, loyalty must be key. There was no way she could legally prove Davy had any part in the matter. “You five are hereby banished from Hogwarts. Professor Vici, please have the carriages prepared and see them off immediately.

Once they were out of the hall, everyone cheered. Ellington closed her eyes and concentrated, and the hall was repaired to its former glory.

Let the festivities continue!
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime10/19/2014, 17:23

When the chaos broke out, Gavin immediately pushed Arya under a table. It was thoughtful (and slightly heroic), but if there was fighting, she wanted to be a part of it. Luckily, the fight was over almost as quickly as it had started. Those Ministry kids were idiots trying to pull off something like that in front of the whole staff.

You okay?” Gavin asked, holding his arm.

Yeah, what happened to you?” she asked, pushing his hand out of the way and tapping the big gash with her wand. “Ferula.

Severing charm. And a broken bone I think, seriously hurts,” he explained as the bandages wrapped around it. “Thanks. I’m gonna go find Healer Alys.

Arry nodded and stood there for a moment. Things were getting back to normal now, and people were dancing and wandering around again. Davy was in a corner laughing with a few guys. She went to find Kolby immediately.

Kolby,” she said quietly, standing by him but not looking. Instead, she pretended she was taking a sip of her cider. “This has gone far enough, you need to do it now.

That said, she hoped he got the message and went to sit with her friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The House Cup! (1350-51)   The House Cup! (1350-51) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The House Cup! (1350-51)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next