Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
The Fated Clash Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
The Fated Clash Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
The Fated Clash Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
The Fated Clash Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
The Fated Clash Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

The Fated Clash

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adelaine Beaumont
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Adelaine Beaumont

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/22/2014, 22:21

Adelaine sat against a tree on the bank of the Black Lake, looking out at the murky water. She had always loved water, it helped her think; it refreshed her. In fact, she used to be convinced she was a mermaid without a tail, until her father told her to stop being foolish. That aside, Adele came to the Black Lake whenever she had the chance - especially on days like this. It was cloudy, but warm, with the sun just barely peeking through.

Adele?

Startled, she put her hand over her heart - why didn’t people ever announce themselves?

Hello, Seamus,” she said, for the first time in a month.

Look, before ye turn me away, I ‘ad ta tell ye how sorry I am,” he said, clearing his throat. “Fer ta fiftieth time. I know I crossed a line, an’ it won’t happen again, and….well…

Well…?” she said curiously,  turning to look at him.

Well, I thought ye should know,” he said slowly, standing beside her. “I don’ think of ye t’at way anymore…I jus’ wanna be friends again.

He looked scared to death, and stared at her waiting for her reaction. At first, she was shocked - until she remembered they hadn’t spoken in a month. Of course he wasn’t hung up on her anymore. She jumped up with a grin, overjoyed, and squeezed him tight. Seamus was a statue for a moment, but then he laughed and hugged her back.

This is fantastic!” she shouted.

Well, bloody hell, don’ be so enthusiastic,” he chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Slytherin: Year 3
Kolby Parry

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/22/2014, 22:38

Kolby was walking around the lake, enjoying the silence and the solitude. He watched the lakes waves crash against the shore. The air was warm and the clouds were out. Perfect day for a walk. he thought. He liked the lake. He was able to loose himself in his own thoughts and just be alone.

Kolby halted his walk when he saw Adele and Seamus up ahead. He smiled and was about to turn around, planning on leaving them alone. Then, he remembered the dance. And, how embarrassed he felt. He felt his angry bubbling, even though he tried to control it. He then turned around and walked straight up to Adele.

"Hey, Beaumont, I haven't forgotten what you did at the dance."he said angrily.

"The dance? Kolby, that was two months ago."Seamus commented.

"Shut up, you dunce. This is between me and Adele."Kolby snapped. Seamus looked a bit offended.

"So, Beaumont, do you want to duel and settle old scores?"Kolby asked.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/22/2014, 22:57

Adele felt her anger rising and her cheeks turning red. Kolby was messing with the wrong Ravenclaw. All year long, she’d tried to contain it, but now was the perfect time to finally show the little snake what’s what. Seamus shook his head.

Let’s go, Adele,” he muttered under his breath, gripping her arm.

No,” she said, shaking him off and turning to Kolby. “First of all, you little hypocrite, you started it at the dance, it was you who humiliated me first.

She whipped out her wand and moved closer, while Seamus backed away.

You want to duel, you bootless whelp?!” she shouted. “Let’s duel. Levicorpus!

((OOC: I have a feeling the following posts will be short.))
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/22/2014, 23:38

Kolby didn't even have time to draw his wand when Adele casted the first spell. Kolby was lifted a few feet off the ground and dangled upside down by his ankle. Kolby pulled out his wand.

"Avis Oppungo."he said, birds flying out of his wand and towards Adele. He was hoping to break her concentration so he can be on the ground again.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/23/2014, 00:04

Kolby was dangling upside down, but it didn’t stop him from sending a flock of angry birds after her. Adele had to think quickly; she didn’t want to actually hurt the birds. Finally, she recalled a spell her mother had taught her.

Deprimo!

A strong wind blew the little birds across the yard and they scattered. She turned her attention back to her opponent, who had yet to recall the counter to her spell. What to do now? She could attempt to vanish him and be rid of him for good, but that wouldn’t be kind.

Rictusempra!” she yelled, almost laughing imagining it’s effects.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/24/2014, 00:47

Kolby immediately bursts into a laughing fit. It tickles but it hurts so much. Hold on to your wand! he thought to himself.

"Finite incantatem."he managed to squeeze out between fits of laughter. The spell stopped and he took a deep breath. He then remembered the counter spell.

"Liberacorpus."he said. The spell stopped and he almost fell on his head. He rolled to the side and stood back up.

"You two do know this is against the rules, right?"Asher asked, leaning against the tree. Peyton, Gavin, and Asher were all there now, supervising. Kolby shrugged. He was never one to follow rules.

"Confundo."he said, throwing the spell at Adele.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/25/2014, 13:50

Adelaine glanced curiously toward the newcomers, wondering when they’d gotten there. Seamus joined them, and they were huddled together. They seemed to be placing bets. Before she knew it, several more students had gathered around, all of them familiar faces that she was glad to see. It made her even more determined to kill - sorry, maim Kolby.

Protego!” she shouted, blocking his charm. “Duro!

The spell just barely missed him, turning a bird into stone, which was probably for the best. She had no idea how to counter it.

Duplum flipendo!

If it worked, the spell would cause Kolby to flip backwards twice - almost like a court jester. The thought made her chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/25/2014, 14:26

Kolby unfortunately got hit by Adele's flipendo spell. He did a back flip twice and stood back up. He sighed in frustration. He was getting angry.

"Expelliarmus!"Kolby casted.

"Incarcerous."he said.

He hoped one of the spells would work.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/25/2014, 14:58

The crowd laughed at the sight of Kolby flipping like a minstrel. Speaking of the crowd - it was even bigger than before. Adele didn’t like that; what if a teacher noticed?

Oi, do a jig, Kolby!” Seamus shouted, and more laughter erupted.

Aye, I think you’ve got a merry future ahead of ya!” Asher guffawed.

Adelaine rolled her eyes, losing concentration. She dodged the disarming spell, but was unfortunately hit by the second one. Ropes wrapped tightly around her arms and she dropped her wand.

Diffindo!” a new voice shouted, expertly severing the ties and setting her free. “Play by the rules, Kolby!

She looked over to see who her rescuer was, and beamed at the sight of him. Symon Fendrel. Who else could cast a spell like that without slicing through her skin as well? Adele snatched up her wand and turned back to her opponent.

Petrificus totalus!
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/25/2014, 15:45

Kolby rolled his eyes at Symon. Him and Jacob had joined the group, watching them fight.

"Protego."Kolby said, blocking Adele's spell. Think, think, think.he thought. He then smiled.

"Gelata crura."he said, hoping that Adele's legs would turn to mush.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/25/2014, 18:45

Kolby’s jinx hit Adele, and it felt like a brick slamming into her legs. They went numb and she collapsed. The jelly legs jinx, she realized grimly. “Finite,” she muttered, countering the spell and standing up.

I gotta remember that one,” she heard Peyton whisper.

Aye, could come in handy,” Asher replied, chuckling.

Adelaine glared at Kolby, glad for a pause and a moment to think. She flipped through the catalogue of spells in her mind until she came to the perfect one.

Blatero!

Last edited by Adelaine Beaumont on 6/25/2014, 21:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/25/2014, 21:05

Kolby began to babble like an idiot, just saying the most random things. Everyone started laughing and Kolby tried to glare at them but his mouth would not shut up. Kolby looked at Jacob and Jacob rolled his eyes.

"Finite."he said. Kolby stopped talking and he thought for a second.

"Oi. My sides hurt."Asher said, wiping a tear from his eye. Kolby rolled his eyes and came up with a spell.

"Engorgio."he said.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/25/2014, 21:23

Adele was doubled over in laughter while Kolby babbled like a brook. Most of what he said wasn’t even English, just a random mixture of syllables. He really would make a fantastic minstrel, which Asher and Seamus loudly reminded him.

Honestly, I’ve got tears in my eyes,” she laughed.

Finally, Jacob countered the curse, and Kolby was free to speak normally again. Unfortunately, his hex hit her…but very oddly. She whipped her head down to dodge, and it must have targeted her hair. The platinum blonde locks grew twice as long - down to her knees! The crowd gasped, and she felt like the siren from the cave, whose hair had been even longer.

Retro” Peyton muttered from the sidelines, reversing the spell and shortening Adele’s hair again.

Engorgio!” she shouted, deciding to give Kolby a taste of his own medicine.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/25/2014, 21:43

"Protego."Kolby said, blocking the spell.

"Can we call this a tie before we get in trouble? Harcourt is normally patrolling around this time."Gavin asked. Kolby shook his head.

"Let them keep going."Jacob said.

"Comede slugs."Kolby said, sending the slug vomiting charm Adele's way.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/25/2014, 21:56

Protego!” Adele shouted, blocking the slug spell. “Kolby, let’s finish this, I am NOT getting another detention!

The crowd seemed to be split in two - one half agreed with her, the other called her craven. As much as she wanted to ignore the insults and be smart about this, she wasn’t wired that way. She had half a mind to shoot a couple of hexes into the group to shut them up.

It’s bloody easy for you to call me craven, you won’t be getting in trouble!

Just finish it, Adele,” Symon urged her.

Aye, finish the little twit off!” Peyton called, and the crowd all spoke at once.

Triplex flipendo, impedimenta!” she yelled.

If it worked, Kolby would do three flips in slow motion. The slo-mo would break the fall, so he wouldn’t be hurt; but it would certainly make for some good entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/26/2014, 01:02

Kolby knew he was the underdog. No body in the crowd really liked him. Well, Jacob and Symon, but even then, Symon was on Adele's team, since they're betrothed. he thought. But, he did noticed that he had some supporters.

"Come on Kolby. You're the man here. Finish her."a third year called out.

"Yeah."two or three agreed.

"Protego."he said, protecting himself from Adele's spell. She sure did like to make a fool of him. Let's step it up a notch. he thought.

"Oculi dolor."he said.

(OOC: No incantation for the Conjunctivitus Curse so had to make one.)
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/26/2014, 01:35

Kolby’s curse hit her, but she immediately countered it. She had seen a girl with conjunctivitis before, and she shuddered when she pictured it. A few people in the crowd were cheering for Kolby and shouting insults at her, which was never smart. An older lad shouted something about how she was weak because she was a girl, and that was the last straw. She felt the anger well up inside, and one of the few qualities her dear father gave her - pride - came out.

If you think you can do a better job, get over here!” she shouted, and the crowd hushed & parted.

Are you really challenging me?” Davy, a large 5th year Slytherin, said with a laugh.

I certainly am,” she replied calmly. “Unless you’re too craven.

Several people snickered, and Davy’s cheeks were on fire. Adele noticed Symon out of the corner of her eye; he had his wand out, ready to hex Davy if it necessary. Was she making the wrong move? Too late. Davy stomped over and pushed Kolby out of the way, taking out his wand.

Alright then, little girl,” he grinned vilely. “Alarte ascendare!

It felt like a gust of wind smacked Adele into the stomach, and she shot up into the air with a scream. “Aresto momentum!” she shouted, and she fell slowly to the ground.

Anapneo!” Davy yelled, and this time she flew sideways and slammed into a tree.

Epoximise!” Her opponent flew backward into a tree and was magically glued to it. Davy struggled to rip himself off, but failed, and dropped his wand. “Petrificus totalus!” Davy was now paralyzed as well as stuck to a tree. The crowd cheered. Adele looked at Kolby, exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Professor Harcourt
Hufflepuff Head of House
Hufflepuff Head of House
Professor Harcourt

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/27/2014, 00:39

Professor Harcourt was walking around the lake, deep in thought. He was contemplating  the difference between mountain trolls and forest trolls, minus their habitats. He had heard that some trolls that we're living in the Forbidden Forest had been captured by traders and were half way to Norway by now. I wonder what that did to the population. I should go and count them later. he thought.

Then, he heard a scream. He went running towards the sound to see a group of students surrounded around Adelaine Beaumont and Kolby Parry. And, Davy Corbon was glued and petrified to a tree.  

"What's going on here?" Harcourt asked. Everyone looked at him with this shocked expression. It was pure silence. He crossed his arms and waited for an answer. After a minute of silence, Harcourt sighed.

"I'll assume that you were just demonstrating what people will learn in Dueling Club next year, right Jacob?"he asked. Jacob blinked a couple of times, then remembered that he had the special privilege of performing spells outside of class, since he was the president of the Dueling Club.

"That's right professor. And, Davy here was my lovely assistant and volunteered to be glued to a tree."Jacob lied. Harcourt nodded and used the counter spells so Davy could be freed.

"Alright. Well, I would prefer that you inform a professor before you do this again, Jacob. Just in case something bad happens."he informed.

"Yes professor."Jacob said.

"Well, I think that's enough for today. Return to the school for dinner."Harcourt said. They all nodded and started to walk to the school. Harcourt watched them and then walked to the Hogwarts Gardens to see if it was time for a fun outside lesson for the first years.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/27/2014, 00:45

Harcourt came in and broke up the duel. Kolby pulled himself off the ground and brushed himself off. A couple of people congratulated him and went up to the school. Kolby thanks them and watched them leave. Soon, it was just Adele's group, Jacob and Symon.

"Good duel you two. See you in Chorus Club."Jacob praised. Kolby nodded and looked at Adele.

"Truce? At least for the rest of the school year?" he asked, holding out his hand for her to shake it. He was sure that he could go another month without making Adele mad. Although, it was a hefty promise to make.

Her friends looked at her and shrugged. It was her choice, her decision.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime6/27/2014, 01:52

Adele watched the crowd leave. Davy grumbled and glared viciously at her as he and his chums walked away. I’ll definitely have to keep an eye on him, she realized, sighing. Symon patted her on the back, and Seamus actually didn’t even flinch. Maybe he really was over her.

Are you sure we can go two more months without killing each other?” she asked sarcastically, shaking Kolby's hand.

A couple mont’s o’ peace ‘ll do us all good, eh?” Seamus laughed.

Agreed,” Peyton smiled.

I say we all join this truce!” Jacob suggested enthusiastically.

Half-reluctantly, the whole group signed the metaphoric Peace Treaty, and that was that. After June 31st, they’d all be free to hassle one another again.

Dinner is callin’ my name,” Peyton moaned, hand over his stomach.

Aye, let’s get to it,” Asher decided, and they started up the hill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Fated Clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fated Clash   The Fated Clash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fated Clash
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Medieval :: Hogwarts :: The Black Lake-
Jump to: