Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
9/8/2017, 10:42 pm by Mira Catrain

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
7/5/2017, 11:15 pm by Marigold Belet

» A Noble Rescue
7/5/2017, 10:55 pm by Marigold Belet

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
6/27/2017, 1:20 am by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
6/23/2017, 11:46 pm by Headmistress Ellington

» "Report Cards"
6/20/2017, 6:42 pm by Kolby Parry

» Party Prep!
8/12/2016, 1:15 am by Deirdre McCalahan

» Party Like a Badger!
7/25/2016, 1:36 am by Deirdre McCalahan

» Some Fresh Air
7/23/2016, 9:29 pm by Professor Renoir

» Quidditch Tryouts 1351
7/23/2016, 9:12 pm by Arya Lannister

Beware!
 photo b9a721cd-7e6b-4cda-a1f4-a3706998472b_zpsa363bf54.jpg
Top posting users this month
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Share | 

Don't Be A Sloth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Arya Lannister
Gryffindor: Year 2

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   2/23/2014, 2:37 pm

Arya had spent the last fifteen minutes flying around and helping people with their Sloth Grip Rolls. She noticed Gavin helping Mira, Symon helping Adele, and…of course, Asher helping Marigold. Staring at the pair for a moment, she realized she no longer felt any of the pangs of infatuation she’d felt at the beginning of the school year for her fellow Gryffindor.

Ruddy job out there, Arry,” she heard Finnius joke with a laugh, flying up beside her. “By the way, you 'eard that Renoir wants to 'ave another scrimmage match?

"That's brilliant," she grinned.

Finn smiled and sped off to help someone else. Another scrimmage match? That almost made Arya leap for joy, until she (luckily) remembered she was on a broom. Before she could think on it any longer, another voice in her ear interrupted her thoughts and nearly scared her out of her wit’s end.

Marigold, bloody hell,” she gasped, hand on her heart. “Don’t just sneak up on me like that!

Her friend then asked her yet again about the baron and her supposed nightmares. The girl just wouldn’t let it go, would she? Arya bit her lip and wondered how much she could tell Marigold.

Okay, you want the truth?” she questioned, gathering courage. “I haven’t had nightmares at all. I’ve been having tea with the baron nearly every night, down in the kitchens.

Expelled
Expelled

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   2/23/2014, 5:08 pm

Mirielle was so happy that the old broom could handle the speed and her ability to do the grip at the same time. She was also really glad that she was crushing Tristen's bum at racing and how many grip rolls that they were supposed to do. Next year when she tries out she'll definitely make the team. Though she was kind of hoping that Professor Renoir would see and she wouldn't have to try out. Then again if the prof did see she might get into major trouble.
Finally she had completed her task and waited for Tristen to land. It was two laps later.
"Guess you haven't gotten as good as you think you have." Elle gloated. Tristen shrugged.
"My grips weren't as messy."
"No way! Mine were just faster.Which is a GOOD thing."
"Elle, I was watching you from behind the whole time. They were messy. You have to get a new broom. That one looks like it's about to break."
"This broom is just fine."
" Must be the rider then." The nerve. Tristen walked away before she could get in a reply. Oh, she was not done with him.

Ravenclaw: Year 2

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   2/23/2014, 11:09 pm

Marigold really sucked at sarcasm. It flew right over her head. So, she couldn't tell if Arya was serious or not.

"Well....ummmm.....okay.....I guess. Just know that I'm here for you if you need someone to talk too, okay?"Marigold told her. She smiled and looked around. Asher was sitting on his broom, helping another Ravenclaw girl. Marigold didn't think anything of it until she saw a 3rd year Gryffindor waving to him. Asher stupidly waved back. Marigold became a bit confused but brushed it off. They were probably just friends.

"So, do you have any idea when our try outs are? It's been a while since the meeting. I thought we would have already had it by now."Marigold asked, trying to get as comfortable as she could on her broom. She really must remember to get her own. The school brooms weren't very reliable. Just as Marigold thought that, she dropped a good three feet.

"Woah. Woah. I didn't mean it. I swear."she said, rubbing the broom. It slowly raised her up back to Arya, apparently a bit angry at her.

Professor Renoir
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Ravenclaw Head Of House

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   2/25/2014, 1:11 am

Renoir watched her students’ progress with a small smile. Thank goodness for her four team captains; she knew she could always count on them. And they seemed to be rather eager to help these days, clearly they were making friends with some of the first years.

Children have it so much easier, don’t they?” Charles thought aloud, standing next to her.

Ignorance is bliss,” she agreed, thinking back on her own childhood.

Just when she thought everything was going peculiarly well (even Kolby was behaving) she noticed a couple students racing one another. I knew a perfect lesson was too good to be true, she thought, furrowing her brow. Renoir would not tolerate rule breakers, no matter how well they flew.  

Dolohov, Ward,” she called them over. “You know very well you are not to race in my class without permission. Five points from each of your houses, go sit in the stands until the end of class.

She didn’t feel particularly sorry for Gryffindor and Slytherin, they were already in last place for the cup anyway. Magically amplifying her voice, she called out clearly to the rest of the class.

You’re all doing quite good, keep at it,” she announced. “There will be another scrimmage match after the holiday; if you’re interested, sign up here.

Charles laid out a piece of parchment on a small table, with a quill and ink next to it.

Name:
Position:
House:

They wouldn't necessarily get the position they wanted, but she figured she may as well know what they preferred.

Hufflepuff: Year 2

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   2/25/2014, 8:53 am

Aubrey was very happy of that and took the parchment and wrote:

Name:Aubrey Clerinell
Position:Chaser
House: Hufflepuff

Last edited by Aubrey Clerinell on 2/25/2014, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arya Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   2/25/2014, 2:51 pm

Arya squinted her eyes at Marigold, an eyebrow raised. Did she think she was being sarcastic? A girl who ate bacon with house elves found it hard to believe she could have tea with ghosts? Well, Arry had the tea…the baron just stared at his cup wishing he could drink it.

Erm, thanks, I guess,” she mumbled, falling into a Sloth Grip Roll.

Hanging upside down, Arya noticed the look on Marigold’s face. She glanced across the field to see what the Ravenclaw was looking at. Asher waving at a Gryffindor. Oh, ew, it’s Victoria, she realized, grimacing.

Victoria Pantoul,” she told Marigold, swinging upright. “I think she was meant to be Slytherin. I swear, if my valentine is a fake I’d bet ten galleons she was the one who did it.

Arya dropped down and landed on the ground by the table, lining up to sign the parchment. She found it a bit hard to contain her excitement. The thought of another scrimmage lit a fire within her, she was determined to win this time.

Name: Arya Lannister
Position: Seeker
House: Gryffindor

I bet tryouts will be at the beginning of next year,” she told Marigold. “Did you hear they’re thinking about getting rid of the No First Years On The Team rule? Shame they didn’t do it this year, when you and me could join.

Expelled
Expelled

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   2/25/2014, 2:54 pm

Mirielle felt a little bit guilty at making her house lose points but it was worth it to beat Tristen on an old broom. Then the professor announced that there was a scrimmage after the holiday and she couldn't be more happy.I probably won't be chosen after that stunt today and the fact maybe the Prof has something against slytherin but maybe she just has house pride. But she knew this could be her chance to make it on the team. She took out a piece of parchment and wrote the following:

Name: Mirielle Ward
Position: Chaser
House: Slytherin

She waited until the end of class to turn it in. She didn't need to get into anymore trouble than she already was.

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   2/25/2014, 5:49 pm

After about ten tries, Adelaine finally got the Sloth Grip Roll down, mainly thanks to Symon. The Slytherin captain really wasn’t all he seemed to be on the surface, he was actually quite friendly (though she doubted he’d show it to anyone else).

Do you have friends?” she asked bluntly, hanging upside down.

You certainly don’t sugarcoat anything, do you?” he replied with an awkward laugh, making her feel slightly bad for asking. “I have lots of acquaintances... Actually, Finn and I are quite good friends.

A Hufflepuff?” she exclaimed, a bit shocked. “Finnius is fantastic, but he’s the last person I expected you to be friends with.

Well we sort of grew up together,” he explained solemnly. “You should swing up before all the blood rushes to your head.

She did as she was told and sat upright on her broom. Down below, she could see some of the students lining up by a table and signing Renoir’s parchment. Class was obviously nearly over, Renoir would never distract students from their tasks if it wasn’t.

It’s a shame you’re not Slytherin,” Symon said suddenly, looking at her. “I mean, I’d rather not play against you, you’ll know all my tricks on the pitch.

Adelaine laughed, and they flew down to the field. Symon went to stand on the sidelines with the other captains, and she signed the form.

Name: Adelaine Beaumont
Position: Beater
House: Ravenclaw

Expelled
Expelled

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   2/25/2014, 11:00 pm

Wil knew that as soon as the prof announced the scrimmage that she would not be participating. There was nothing she hated more than being humiliated, and flying. She did however like to sit in the stands and cheer her house on. She was a badger through and through.

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/2/2014, 1:48 pm

"Victoria huh?" Marigold said, flying to the ground to sign up. She was pretty, with blonde hair and blue eyes. She ran over to Asher when he landed and complimented him. Asher just stood there awkwardly, not sure how to respond.

"It's like she's his fan club."Marigold told Arya with a chuckle. She approached the table and wrote in her information.

Name: Marigold Belet
Position: Seeker
House: Ravenclaw

"Yeah. I really want to see what a real match is like. But, a year in the stands won't be so bad either. We could learn a lot just by watching every one. "Marigold said with a smile.

Mirielle Ward
Expelled
Expelled

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/2/2014, 2:30 pm

Mirielle was growing impatient. She knew that class was almost over yet she also knew that if she got up from her seat that she'd be in even bigger trouble and might not even be considered. Maybe if she raised her hand and asked if she could sign up real quick and then return to the stands then she wouldn't get into anymore trouble.
"Thinking of joining the team? Better think again. There's no way that you can get down there in time to fill out your information before class ends." Ugh, Tristen's voice is so annoying.
"I didn't ask for opinion, Tristen." She sniped.
"Of course if we can both manage to make it down there in time." Mirielle stopped him right there.
"You can't possibly be thinking of putting your name on that list. There's plenty of Gryffindors already signing up. Not only that but you aren't good when it comes to quidditch. Leave it be Tristen, for your own sake." Mirielle raised her hand.
"You won't get Renoirs permission to go down and sign up. Even if you do, she won't accept your information, after what happened today." Mirielle ignored him and kept her hand up.

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/2/2014, 2:51 pm

Surprisingly, Tomkin had lacked to get himself in trouble, or truly noticed at any rate. Normally the jolly lad would make a fool of himself and try to get a good laugh. Yet, after seeing a housemate's talent with a broom, he was in full focus, at least for flying. He was eager though, to jot his name down for keeper on the list.
name:Hugh Davison
Position:Keeper
House: Gryffindor
He doubted he'd get the position in the scrimmage, but, a try is worth none at all.

Slytherin: Year 2

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/2/2014, 4:47 pm

Kolby awoke from his nap when Renoir amplified her voice. Another scrimmage?he thought. He wasn't interested in playing Quidditch but he loved announcing it. He went down to the table and filled in his information.

Name: Kolby Parry
Position: Announcer
House: Slytherin

He wanted to leave and wondered if her could. But, no one else was so he went back to his place in the stands to finish his nap.
Back to top Go down
Professor Renoir
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Ravenclaw Head Of House

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/4/2014, 2:44 pm

Renoir studied the parchment and the students who had signed up. Some of them had no business flying on a broom, let alone playing Quidditch. She noticed Kolby Parry requested to be the announcer again. That didn't surprise her; she had actually quite enjoyed being in the booth with him last time, he had a gift for calling the game.

Depulso,” she said, flicking her wand toward the parchment.

It swiftly folded itself into a small square and zoomed away; it would be on her office desk in a few moments. What a handy charm that is, she thought with a smile. Unless Barahir had other plans, the first years wouldn’t learn that one until fourth year, along with Accio. Signaling to Renoir that time was up, Charles walked over to the broom chest and opened it with a wave of his wand.

Alright, class is over!” Renoir shouted. “Put your brooms in the chest and be on your way!

She began to walk away before she remembered something. With a huff, she turned back.

"Ten points to Gryffindor for Arya's perfect demonstration!"

((OOC: if you haven't signed up yet and still want to, just do it and pretend you did it before Renoir sent the list away.))

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/4/2014, 4:30 pm

Adelaine sat in the stands, patiently awaiting the end of the class. She watched Renoir send the sign-up sheet flying off, and made note to look up that spell later if she could. Her parents used Accio all the time at home, but she couldn’t remember if they used the Banishing Charm..

Think you’ll make it on the scrimmage team?” she heard a familiar voice behind her.

Turning around, she was startled to find Seamus grinning at her. Didn’t he have class?

Don’t you want me to?“ she asked with a laugh. “Once Jakob leaves, Ravenclaw will need a new Beater.

Ay, to be sure,” Seamus nodded seriously. Quidditch was the only thing he was serious about. “I’m hopin’ Renoir will open the scrimmage ta everyone this time, an’ have a mix o’ Quidditch players an' hopefuls.

Adelaine nodded slowly, wondering if she would. It would be great practice for future teammates. Just as she was about to respond, Renoir dismissed them. Adele changed quickly, and met Seamus back on the stands. He helped gather her things and they walked to the Great Hall for lunch. She noticed Symon staring after them curiously, but shrugged it off.

Expelled
Expelled

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/4/2014, 8:28 pm

Mirielle grinned. She no longer needed to raise her hand. She saw her chance just a few seats down. Of course, if Adelaine says no then I will have to get up. Mirielle walked over to where Adelaine was sitting. She was talking to Seamus. Would it be rude of me to interrupt? It is important, to me. But other people don't think that my life is as important as theirs. Always the enemy. Oh well. Just as she was about to ask Adelaine walked away. Suddenly Mirielle didn't care anymore that she was being punished. She'd take the chance of not being able to scrimmage and hurried to catch the paper and sign up before Renoir dismissed class.

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/5/2014, 5:31 pm

Mira didn’t sign up for the scrimmage, and she wasn’t going to lose any sleep because of it. What a laugh that would be, her trying to play Quidditch when she could hardly stay upright on a broom!

Hey, Mira, wait up,” Gavin called out to her as she headed toward the changing rooms. “I forgot to give you this!

He caught up to her, a bit out of breath, and handed her a small folded piece of parchment. Mira looked at it curiously, but before she could ask the Ravenclaw captain about it he was gone. That’s odd, she thought, opening it carefully. It was very much like the mysterious invisible messages her friends had gotten. With a start, she wondered if it could be from Gavin.

I certainly hope not,” she mumbled to herself, stuffing it in her pocket.

Forgetting about the valentine, Mira changed quickly and joined her friends in the Great Hall for lunch.

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/5/2014, 6:21 pm

Arya was in and out of the changing rooms in a heartbeat, ready for food. She could practically taste the freshly baked bread, minced meat pies, bacon, pumpkin juice, and… What the bloody hell, she thought grimly, raising an eyebrow.

Marigold, did you just see that?” she asked her friend hastily. “Did you just see Gavin give Mira a valentine?

Not bothering to wait for a response, Arry stomped across the grounds to the Great Hall. Suddenly, even bacon wasn’t sounding too good to her.

Expelled
Expelled

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/5/2014, 8:57 pm

Wil was over joyed when Renoir released the class. She practically ran to the changing rooms to get changed and be on her way. She didn't care that it was soggy and miserable outside. Wil just wanted to be away from the pitch. I finally learned a technique but oh how much I dislike flying. Can't wait to see what they have for dinner. Wil suddenly slammed into something, no not something someone.
"Arya I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to. Please forgive me." She looked at Arya's face and didn't like the expression she saw.

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/8/2014, 2:12 pm

Marigold hurriedly changed out of her flying clothes when she saw Arya stomp out. Oh God.she thought, running to catch up with Arya. She stopped when she saw that Wilfreda  had run into Arya.

"Are you two okay?"she asked, helping the two girls up.

(OOC: Sorry. So short.)

Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/8/2014, 2:47 pm

Kolby sat up when Renoir started talking. He sighed and gathered his stuff, heading to the changing tent. He changed quickly and left the Pitch. As he began to head to the Slytherin tower, he met disaster along the road, with Wilfreda running into Arya. Marigold came running up, and helped the girls. Arya seemed upset. Kolby hid behind a tree and he pulled out the Extendable Ear he carried around. He threw it close to the three girls and began to listen.

"Are you two okay?"Marigold asked. Kolby smiled at what he heard next.

(OOC: So, I'm just assuming that they had these back then, because according to the Wiki, it says that it was just made prior to the time period. So, if i'm wrong, I'll edit it.)
Back to top Go down
Arya Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/10/2014, 2:13 am

((OOC: Not sure how this whole thing got started because Arya left, she should be in the hall by now, but okay..))

Arya was too preoccupied with her thoughts, she hardly even felt it when Wilfreda bumped into her. Upset about the Mira/Gavin thing, she must have been grimacing because Wil looked a little frightened. Suddenly, Marigold was in the mix as well. What was even going on? She just wanted to leave.

Erm, it’s alright, I suppose?” she said awkwardly, furrowing her brow. “I’m gonna go now..

She turned away from them and continued her walk to the Great Hall.

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/11/2014, 8:52 pm

Marigold followed Arya all the way to the school. Then, Marigold decided to leave her be. She didn't know if Arya was upset or not. She was just hoping the Arya knew that the boys were giving other boys valentines on purpose, to cause confusion. Like, Peyton gave Asher's valentine to her.

"Is she okay?"Gavin asked, coming up. Marigold looked him over. He looked really concerned.

"She saw you give Mira a valentine."she said. Gavin sighed.

"What's that about?"Marigold asked.

"You know good and well what our plan is, Marigold. Peyton gave you yours, I was to give Mira's hers."Gavin said, walking away. Marigold sighed. Boys were difficult.

Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/11/2014, 9:13 pm

Kolby was frustrated that he didn't get any information. He shrugged and walked up to the school. He stopped when he saw Marigold and Gavin talking. He couldn't hear anything but he could tell that both of them were frustrated. He watched as Gavin walked away. He watched as Marigold stood there for a minute. He then became uninterested and left to the Slytherin common room, where things were much more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Ellington
Headmaster
Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   3/12/2014, 5:03 pm

This lesson is now over and points will be rewarded accordingly.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Be A Sloth   

Back to top Go down

Don't Be A Sloth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2